SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
41 - 60 of 103 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
I asked and was told that’s a no go as the car has to leave with the agreed upon configuration.
Sorry to hear, but I can see why as that's how it was setup in their factory planning systems.

---update to my timeline---
6/14 Placed order as a direct ship, travel later.
8/26 Got a call that car was done, eta Stateside mid-late Sep.
9/13 Got some customs forms to sign via vhelp.
9/17 Initial Adtrav call, nothing finalized yet as we're looking to travel May-June '22.
9/25 Cleared customs per vhelp.
9/27 Settled payment at the dealer.
9/28 Cleared for transport per vhelp.
10/5 Informed that car is at dealer. Picking up Friday!
117 calendar days from start to finish.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I asked and was told that’s a no go as the car has to leave with the agreed upon configuration.

I got offered a discount coupon…. Which is a sad attempt to get me to spend more on this car.
I'll take your discount coupon :D

·
Registered
86 Posts
Mine also has a trailer hitch. I'm assuming it is also delayed. It was finished a couple of weeks ago and I've not heard anything since.

·
Registered
2022 Volvo XC60 B5 AWD Momentum (Platinum Grey + Blond Leather)
203 Posts
I just got an email this morning about it being on a boat October 10th... so I don't know if they know what's going on.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Hey Oct 10 is way better than December! My concern is what happens when it hits the ports. I've been told that things in NJ are really backed up

·
Registered
203 Posts
Hey Oct 10 is way better than December! My concern is what happens when it hits the ports. I've been told that things in NJ are really backed up
that's what I'm concerned about too, Oct 10 leaving Gothenburg, Estimated Oct 22nd arrival to NJ, but it could sit at the port waiting to unload for weeks from stories I've heard.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Hey maybe we'll wind up on the same boat. What's the final delivery destination for you? I live in NJ but i'm picking it up in Rhode Island. I offered to drive to Elizabeth and get it myself but that wasn't an option. haha

·
Registered
203 Posts
St Louis here, so I imagine there will at least be a week on the road

·
Registered
203 Posts
Sorry to hear, but I can see why as that's how it was setup in their factory planning systems.

---update to my timeline---
6/14 Placed order as a direct ship, travel later.
8/26 Got a call that car was done, eta Stateside mid-late Sep.
9/13 Got some customs forms to sign via vhelp.
9/17 Initial Adtrav call, nothing finalized yet as we're looking to travel May-June '22.
9/25 Cleared customs per vhelp.
9/27 Settled payment at the dealer.
9/28 Cleared for transport per vhelp.
10/5 Informed that car is at dealer. Picking up Friday!
117 calendar days from start to finish.
curious, what day did your car arrive at port?

·
Registered
26 Posts
You guys will love this. OSD was given the wrong vessel information by Volvo Logistics for my car. It's not on the ship they thought and not due on 10/15 to Balitmore, but on a different ship hopefully arriving 10/26. The dealer actually filled me in on this little tidbit and Barbara had to call the Port office to verify. What a mess! ONE DAY I will get to drive my car :)

PS - Since I've already been paying for it, I assume I can still claim the tax credit (XC90 T8) even if by some chance I don't take possession in 2021?? (I'm sure I'm in for a port delay, transportation delay, paperwork error, etc at this point 😂)

·
Registered
6 Posts
My s60 T8 was originally scheduled for build in October but had now been pushed back to 11/10/21.. fingers crossed for MY22.5?
Same here. Mine was supposed to be built this week but yesterday I got a completion date of 11/10. At this point I'd be willing to push it a few weeks to get the MY22.5.

·
Registered
203 Posts
Same here. Mine was supposed to be built this week but yesterday I got a completion date of 11/10. At this point I'd be willing to push it a few weeks to get the MY22.5.
is there anywhere that discusses the MY22.5 changes?

·
Registered
86 Posts
You guys. I signed up for a free 7 day trial* with real time maritime satellite tracking. So... if you want to know where you boat is post the name. :)

*already cancelled but it's still active until the 27th. It's like $5K for the year :oops:

·
Registered
203 Posts
You guys. I signed up for a free 7 day trial* with real time maritime satellite tracking. So... if you want to know where you boat is post the name. :)

*already cancelled but it's still active until the 27th. It's like $5K for the year :oops:
Torino please!

41 - 60 of 103 Posts