SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
21 - 40 of 103 Posts

·
Registered
2022 Volvo XC60 B5 AWD Momentum (Platinum Grey + Blond Leather)
203 Posts
just to let you know there are delays in shipping the cars to the US as well. we were supposed to be picking up our car next week in sweden. but with the travel ban we had direct shipment when has our car expected mid to late November arrival stateside.

also when talking to Barbara this morning, she mentioned delays in hitches.

·
Registered
86 Posts
just to let you know there are delays in shipping the cars to the US as well. we were supposed to be picking up our car next week in sweden. but with the travel ban we had direct shipment when has our car expected mid to late November arrival stateside.

also when talking to Barbara this morning, she mentioned delays in hitches.
As in the folding hitches? I have that in my order.

I believe my car would be going to the port of Newark/Elizabeth in NJ.

·
Registered
173 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Just to share - my car, ordered in June, OSD for pick up 9/23, manufactured early Aug, diverted to Direct Ship when borders closed and trip cancelled :(, is on a ship for departure 9/25, ETA to Baltimore 10/15. (It does have the folding hitch btw). Fingers crossed she makes it safely!!

·
Registered
203 Posts
Just to share - my car, ordered in June, OSD for pick up 9/23, manufactured early Aug, diverted to Direct Ship when borders closed and trip cancelled :(, is on a ship for departure 9/25, ETA to Baltimore 10/15. (It does have the folding hitch btw). Fingers crossed she makes it safely!!
super jealous, we ordered June 2nd, manufactured mid August, odd pickup 9/27 diverted to direct ship on the 9th... our car is slated for the October 6th boat with an expected October 22nd landing in Baltimore.

·
Registered
26 Posts
super jealous, we ordered June 2nd, manufactured mid August, odd pickup 9/27 diverted to direct ship on the 9th... our car is slated for the October 6th boat with an expected October 22nd landing in Baltimore.
Not sure how I made the boat before you unless I converted to Direct Ship sooner. I called the day the border closed and converted shipment. Still envisioning what I'd be doing over there picking up my car. Bummed but hopeful we can go do the factory tour next year. Hoping for delivery before Halloween, but who knows these days.

·
Registered
203 Posts
Not sure how I made the boat before you unless I converted to Direct Ship sooner. I called the day the border closed and converted shipment. Still envisioning what I'd be doing over there picking up my car. Bummed but hopeful we can go do the factory tour next year. Hoping for delivery before Halloween, but who knows these days.
from what I've heard it could literally be how the cars are parked waiting for ships. Since your original pickup date was before mine it could have been just as simple as that it was closer to the front of the line.

·
Registered
234 Posts
Looks like a few of us will be getting our OSD direct shipments around the same time. Our timeline was:

6/25: Order finalized
7/16: Production complete
9/10: Departed on boat

Looking to reach the west coast around 10/13

·
Registered
203 Posts
I called Barbara, she claims mine is delayed due to needing the tow hitch installed... seems odd as I would have been picking mine up Monday... think they would have finished the car by then.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Mine is currently aboard the ship but by the time it gets to me in Tacoma would likely be Mid to end of October so it would be same time around as all of you'll would get it.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Looks like June orders are landing. Ours is a XC60 T8 Inscription Expression.
6/14 Placed order as a direct ship, travel later.
8/26 Got a call that car was done, eta Stateside mid-late Sep.
9/13 Got some customs forms to sign via vhelp.
9/17 Initial Adtrav call, nothing finalized yet as we're looking to travel May-June '22.
9/25 Cleared customs per vhelp.
9/27 Settled payment at the dealer.
9/28 Cleared for transport per vhelp.
So now just waiting for it to turn up!

·
Registered
203 Posts
Super frustrating, just learned today that our car that we ordered June 2nd for a September 27th pickup still is awaiting a hitch and most likely won’t be stateside until December.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Super frustrating, just learned today that our car that we ordered June 2nd for a September 27th pickup still is awaiting a hitch and most likely won’t be stateside until December.
Sorry to hear, clearly a supply chain issue on the part. As it is offered as an stand-alone accessory, I wonder if you can go forward with delivery without it and have the dealer install later.

·
Registered
203 Posts
I asked and was told that’s a no go as the car has to leave with the agreed upon configuration.

I got offered a discount coupon…. Which is a sad attempt to get me to spend more on this car.

21 - 40 of 103 Posts