SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I ordered my xc90 inscription T6 from Tom Kirby at Jim Fisher Volvo on March 2.
Initially another local dealer told me that Volvo was not accepting any more 2019 xc90 OSD orders, and that they would deny my order through Jim Fisher.
Today I got confirmation for the delivery date I wanted on July 1st.

Hopefully all the travel plans go this smoothly as well. Can't wait for my Scandinavian road trip!

·
Registered
473 Posts
I ordered my xc90 inscription T6 from Tom Kirby at Jim Fisher Volvo on March 2.
Initially another local dealer told me that Volvo was not accepting any more 2019 xc90 OSD orders, and that they would deny my order through Jim Fisher.
Today I got confirmation for the delivery date I wanted on July 1st.

Hopefully all the travel plans go this smoothly as well. Can't wait for my Scandinavian road trip!
we have a few Jim Fisher Volvo people on here. A good friend has used the "other" dealer. He had a good experience. I just like the vibe over at Jim Fisher. Just a nice family feel

I think Volvo did cut off the XC90 T8 orders pretty early. The electric is in heavy demand

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
we have a few Jim Fisher Volvo people on here. A good friend has used the "other" dealer. He had a good experience. I just like the vibe over at Jim Fisher. Just a nice family feel

I think Volvo did cut off the XC90 T8 orders pretty early. The electric is in heavy demand
Yeah I did see that they cut those off early. I think the gal at the other place was just confused. She kept following up after telling me I was probably going to get denied and to see if I wanted her to notify me when the 2020s open up.

I called them first since I had bought a Volkswagen from them years ago and liked the experience. Buying from Jim Fisher was really fun though. Like buying a car from a kind uncle or something. And I liked the old warehouse building they are based on. Also buying OSD takes a lot of the stress out of buying.

I’m excited to have my first Volvo, and to explore Scandinavia.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
111 Posts
Congratulations on your order getting approved, I factory ordered my passion red 2018 S60 R Design from Jim Fisher after visiting and talking to 4 other dealerships and Jim Fisher sure had the family feel you mentioned.

Ruth Fisher was so nice to talk to giving the history of the days when she and her husband founded the company before passing on the business to her daughter. The salesman Mark Wanaka was very thorough when I picked up my car.

·
Registered
151 Posts
Yes, an XC40 R Design in Black Stone, adv., heated, premium, vision, HK, 18" wheels, no sunroof, and adding trailer hitch, P*. We will be at the Post Hotel June 29 and 30.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Yes, an XC40 R Design in Black Stone, adv., heated, premium, vision, HK, 18" wheels, no sunroof, and adding trailer hitch, P*. We will be at the Post Hotel June 29 and 30.
That’s the plan for us too. We’ll be the ones with a baby. You are going to have a fun time cruising around in that XC40. We’re probably going to head to Copenhagen after pickup and experience Scandinavian roads in luxury.

It’s nice to be able to stack July 4 and 5 up with vacation days to build out a longer trip.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
My pickup date is July 1st. Will see you there, Hoova.
How long did it take from the time you ordered until you received your travel packet? I still haven't received one, and my dealer told me about my confirmation a week ago.

·
Registered
151 Posts
I ordered early December, and did not get a confirmation number until February 5. I called Corporate Travel and had air tickets by February 8. I think I received the packet by February 16. There really isn't that much of importance included in the packet. You get a written confirmation of everything that you set up with your dealer, and yes, with your excitement, it seems to take forever to get it. Phoning Corporate Travel and getting your airline tickets is more important and lets you start getting your other hotel and travel plans going. You don't need to wait for the packet once you have your confirmation number.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Interesting you were able to order in March but maybe it depends on the model. I tried to order an XC40 from Jim Fisher 2/16 and was told they were not ordering any more for 2019 OSD.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Interesting you were able to order in March but maybe it depends on the model. I tried to order an XC40 from Jim Fisher 2/16 and was told they were not ordering any more for 2019 OSD.
There is a website published by Walnut Creek Volvo in California that posts OSD news, and they said that the xc40, xc90 T8, T5 were sold out for OSD back when I put my order in. Higher demand and lower production probably!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts