SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 20 of 54 Posts

·
Registered
2,319 Posts
Re: osd experience getting worse (hastee)

I'm really sorry about the frustrating times you are going through.

You probably tried this already, but have they checked routing you through SEA? May be they have seats on that flight.

·
Registered
2,778 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Re: osd experience getting worse (ig_mb)

hi; thanks for the good thoughts.

i am not one of the misery loves company group so it may be helpful to laugh at this problem. it seems once volvo gets the thing rolling it is up to others to fullfil the travel plans. it seems sas is too restrictive on it planes. they say we have seats but do not know where they are in the plane.

wifes p'd, daughter is p'd, and i really do not care anymore as long as they will sit together. if we are separated, we will not go. and screw volvo. they can send the car to us. this is no longer a vacation i am looking forward to.

i do not care about the bucks, i care about missing my friends who work at the volvo plant in torslanda. they will be retiring soon and i wanted my daughter to meet them. they are really p'd at volvo.

i am sure it all will work out.

oh, and yes we changed the return to go through seattle, and they were able to give us seat assignments for the return. thanks for the thought on that.

all in all, we will not do this again though. we will arrange our own travel this has not been worth it.

·
Premium Member
12,052 Posts

hastee.........

I hestitate to begin..but feel compelled to address this issue, as I am sure Yannis did, even though neither of us is your OSD rep. This IS how I make my living and I have offered my help...but have had no response. A person who didn't truly care, would just forget about it and move on...but I DO care and would at least like try to get things back on course so you can see what the many thousands before you have seen.............that being that the OSD experience is fun, adventurous and a great value.
If I can..let me ask you just a few questions..and you can answer if you would like.
*Has the salesperson you are working with ever handled an OSD sales before?
*Did the salesperson go through the step-by-step process with you? or just simply tell you that OSD was the lowest price available on the vehicle you wanted?
*Where you told the role that each person has in the process?

Here is where I am going with this............many times, those who are new to the OSD program will "oversell" the discount and fail to put forth the "real work" of guiding a customer through the process......IMO...that is what I see happened here. I could be wrong...but my 26 years in this business says I'm right!
Unfortunately....from what I can gather...your experiences so far have not met your expectations...and you are judging the whole event negatively because you were expecting 3 seats together. Am I right?
Furthermore...the people you are talking to at travel ( who..btw are not he ones that sold you the car) don't seem to be responding the way you wanted...Am I still right?
I sincerely wish you would have gotten to us (me or Yannis) when you were first having your "bad vibes"....maybe we could have righted the ship by getting you some straight forward input as to what to do and who to contact.................I know that hindsight is 20/20............but I can honestly say...you are one of the very, very few who have had these things go wrong.......................so here is a suggestion:
* when you email the fdc to confirm your arrival flts and times.....request that your delivery be handled by someone with at least 2 years experience.
*confirm your delivery appt the day before from the hotel front desk when you check in. They have the ph# on hand.
*Ask if your friends who work at Torslanda can meet you at the delivery center.
* Enjoy the Swedish meatball lunch...visit the co store...and enjoy the city Of Gothenburg. The Swedes are a very warm and friendly people! Soak up the Swedish hospitality and culture............we will be here when you get back! Hopefully with better memories than what you have now! My offer still stands....let me know if I can help! http://********************/smile/emcocktl.gif

·
Registered
482 Posts

hastee,
What's the challenge here? Is it that your 3 seats are not together?
Are the seats in Economy class? Is it possible to upgrade to Economy Plus?
If you are confirmed on that particular flight and don't wish to upgrade, I
suggest asking 2 fellow passengers to switch seats so your family can be together. Does your flight stop in Chicago? Cedarholm

·
Registered
482 Posts
Re: osd experience getting worse (universityvolvoOSD)

universityvolvoOSD,
Good work Bob... Cedarholm http://********************/smile/emthup.gif

·
Registered
482 Posts

hastee,
Found your other posts. Hang in there!
If bucks are no problem I'd upgrade to Business Class. Sure makes for a relaxing trip. Cedarholm

·
Registered
2,319 Posts

Of the whole experience, the part that I recall as less than stellar was Corporate Travel. Having to reserve tickets by phone is too retro. Volvo would be well served if they changed that part to an internet website (linked to sas, of course) so you could do the arrangements yourself. Leave the phone service for someone that either doesn't want to go online or has a problem (like your case).

I know it is frustrating not having seats assigned (been there, done that) but here is something you can do: try to arrive to ORD much, much earlier than the SAS flight is scheduled to leave, say at least 3 hours before, may be even earlier. Then, go to the SAS checkin counter (not the gate, which wouldn't be open this early yet) and ask for your seat assignments. The earlier you get, the better your chances at getting seats together. I've done this in the past with very good results. The only downside is the extra layover time.

If you still do not get seats together, ask to be put on a waiting list for reassignment. Sometimes, they get cancellations and can shuffle a few people around to get you seats together.

But, if I may, don't worry too much about the seats. It is only the first 10-11 hours of the trip and by far, the least interesting part of the trip. If all else fails, you can often find some good samaritan willing to change seats so your party can fly together. Ask for help from the flight attendants: they will try to help you.

Another idea: have you thought about flying a day earlier? Sometimes a change of one day makes all the difference in the world.

·
Registered
6,707 Posts
Re: osd experience getting worse (ig_mb)

Hey, I did OSD last fall. Excellent experience.
Besides myself and my wife, my 5 year old daugther went with us. When I booked the tickets, I had to of course pay for my daugther (one free ticket for wife and I) I believe I didn't get my seat assignment at the time, but it was on my paper tickets when they arrived in the mail. Usually you'll end up in the back of the plane, probably around isle 30-40. I can almost guarantee they'll put you together. And, yes, the three of us sat together Is the seating arrangment the cause of your anger? Since the tickets are booked at the same time there would be no reason for you not sitting together.
Besides, you can go to the excellent SAS lounge (either in Seattle, Chicago, DC or Newark depending on where you are getting your SAS flight) and drink yourself silly. You won't care where hell you sit

Seriously, getting two free tickets is pretty cool. BMW certainly doesn't do that. SAS is an excellent airline. Not many airlines give you the entertainment system that SAS does in coach on their Airbus A330 or 340 (330 if you are flying from O'Hare, Newark or Dulles - A340 from Seattle).

·
Registered
2,778 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Re: osd experience getting worse (flybynight)

thanks all. i am still hanging in. i did try to upgrade with little luck. evidently the flights are quite full because of spring and the weather changing for the better.

ok, i will try to lay it out a little better.

volvo has not been a problem at all, lawrence volvo in walnut creek has been a top level producer of osd trips for quite a while. sales guy is great, manager is great, no problems.

everything was well explained.

the problem has been with sas and the lack of ability to provide seats together. so yes to several of you. they say they will try to arrange it at the gate.

yes this problem leg is via chicago. united flight from oakland has us sitting in different rows, kind of bad, but 2 seats together for wife and daughter is ok.

the problem is from chi to stockholm. they have a confirmation on sas but sas says they do not know what seats are available for us. this is the problem. yes we will work with all who can help and i am sure that it will be ok.

i am just unsure of how i can enjoy a flight when the airline can not do the basics that every other ailine i have used do as a normal part of the busisness. we went to new zealand and arranged a month in advance and had the seats assigned at booking, so i do consider sas as quite lacking.

so the bummer is that corporate travel just shrugged their collective shoulder to my wife this morning p'ing her off, so it began.

your right! enough beer and i will not care

the situation just seems rediculous to me. too simple to fix.

i guess that is why i quit working years ago, i do not like fixing other folks problems. this should not be one any of us should have to deal with.

we were able to get back through seattle with assignments, i would say i prefer alaska air over united, and seattle over chicago. i have spent a lot of time in all of them airlines and cities.

so thanks to all, i have spent sevreal hour e mailing sweden and letting them know it is not volvo. it is sas. not even corporate travel is much to blame.

·
Premium Member
12,052 Posts

hastee.............

First of all...If I unfairly prejudged your OSD sales people...which it looks like I did..I DO apologize!
Glad to hear that you have made some progress http://********************/smile/emthup.gif
Just a suggestion...but have you tried looking at the option of getting to Copenhagen vs Stockholm and going through Newark or DC? Just a thought

·
Registered
411 Posts

I have to say that my experience with corp travel was quite painless. It took only about 20 minutes for Marge to check schedules and find flights that fit my needs. She then emailed my itinerary to me with the times, flight numbers AND seat assignments for approval. I simply replied to her email to confirm that the itinerary was acceptable. So far OSD has been all that I expected--GREAT! Sorry that your having problems, but I suspect that you are the exception.

·
Registered
2,778 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Re: osd experience getting worse (universityvolvoOSD)

bob i do not think you did anything to apologize for. i do not think asking a question was out of line at all.

bob, i think you and yannis were very reponsive to the issue. http://********************/smile/emthup.gif

i think all posters were positive and i appreciate it. in tracking down the issue it is definitly sas.

now marge did what she could i am sure. my wife did not understand that sas was the gatekeeper of the solution.

i have tried with sas to get something that looks hard to do at this time, seat assignments. we are going to see what happens in the next week
and then decide.

we have traveled many times with no issues like this. so as said earlier this hour i am probably an anomaly. i always was before. so as i usually say it is a snafu. at least i can spell that, just re read this.

all thoughts and suggestions are appreciated. thanks.

·
Registered
392 Posts
I thought Marge was fine. She booked my family of four (13 yo & 5 yo) out of Denver on June 3. Not all of our seats are together or even assigned. We've been flying with the kids since our oldest was 18 months and have found that things usually work out fine. The people at the gate are generally very helpful if you explain the situation and wait for them to work their magic. If that fails we've always found it possible to swap seats once we are underway. The best approach is to relax and expect the best, it usually works out that way! In any case they won't let a young child sit apart from a parent.

These days I hope for 3+1 seating so I can let the wife sit with the kids!

·
Registered
2,778 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Re: (jackf)

another day. no joy.

the effective insight is that it is an sas reservation problem. just a thought.

so, bob and yannis, is it just "one a day" that has you drinking chamay?

my doctor said that to me...."one a day!", and i said "what you are telling me is to get a new doctor?"

·
Super Moderator
39,289 Posts
Re: (hastee)

Quote, originally posted by hastee »
so, bob and yannis, is it just "one a day" that has you drinking chamay?

hmmm...it's only "Chamay" after you have had at least SIX Chimays"...

Yannis

·
Registered
2,319 Posts

Quote, originally posted by hastee »
my doctor said that to me...."one a day!", and i said "what you are telling me is to get a new doctor?"

In my case, I try to follow my 85-year old father's example: ignore everything that doctors say.
http://********************/smile/emthup.gif

For some reason, my brother, the MD, does not appreciate my father's attitude towards doctors....

·
Premium Member
12,052 Posts

hastee...........

Good to see that you are taking the dissapointment "in stride" http://********************/smile/emthup.gif
Here's a thought......when you check in...explain your situation and ask if they could possibly accommodate your simple request for seats together. You might be surprised what "gate personel" can get done!
In the meantime...............enjoy planning the rest of the trip! AND it looks like the factory tours have started again......so you can see how your Volvo was built! They call it the "robodance"...pretty impressive!

Last thing.........no more than a couple of Chimays a night
They can effect your ability to type correctly
CHEERS!

·
Registered
524 Posts
Re: (universityvolvoOSD)

When we went last year we got upgraded for free to Economy plus since we requested a exit row seat. I am 6'9" tall and said I needed the extra legroom. The guy behind the counter asked us to hold on and went in back. Came back with his supervisor and pointed to the computer and asked if it was ok and she said yes. The next thing we know we were upgraded. I wasn't expecting to be upgraded so it was a nice suprise. We later went in back of the plane and saw that our old seats were filled. So who know what can happen at the airport. Just be nice about it and see what happens.

Tom

1 - 20 of 54 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.