SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We are working on some travel scenarios. We want to see Norway but we also have friends and family in Germany and Belgium. We have heard that corporate travel may not cover a gateway city (from or to US) that is not in Scandinavia. Does anyone have experience with how this was handled? Do we need to get a flight from say Frankfurt/Brussels to Copenhagen/Stockholm, etc and then connect to one corporate travel is arranging? I also see that they sometimes arrange flights via British Airways to London, would that mean we might fly Frankfurt (etc) to London and then connect with a flight corporate travel is arranging? Or would corporate travel arrange it all, we would just have to pay for the difference or the cost of non-SAS travel?

Thank you for any input, advice or personal experience.

·
Registered
3,683 Posts
We are working on some travel scenarios. We want to see Norway but we also have friends and family in Germany and Belgium. We have heard that corporate travel may not cover a gateway city (from or to US) that is not in Scandinavia. Does anyone have experience with how this was handled? Do we need to get a flight from say Frankfurt/Brussels to Copenhagen/Stockholm, etc and then connect to one corporate travel is arranging? I also see that they sometimes arrange flights via British Airways to London, would that mean we might fly Frankfurt (etc) to London and then connect with a flight corporate travel is arranging? Or would corporate travel arrange it all, we would just have to pay for the difference or the cost of non-SAS travel?

Thank you for any input, advice or personal experience.
If you so choose, CorpTrav can make all the flight arrangements (that is what we did). We used Patty Dick for both of our trips....she was great. She can be reached at 1-800-323-3800. ([email protected])

Good luck with the planning......

·
Registered
1,007 Posts
As GregK said - talk with Patty at Corp Travel.

I did my third OSD in October 2015 - and indeed the complimentary flights were on either BA or SAS - and you had to fly into / out of either London or an airport in Scandinavia.

We were going to fly Munich to London (tickets we would purchase, on BA) and then connect to the BA trans-Atlantic flight back to the states. In the end I changed the plan and drove the vehicle back to Sweden (and flew home on BA from GOT to LHR and then to the states).

Not sure if they still have a drop-off in Belgium (don't have the home delivery PDF handy) - but one thought would be to use Eurostar from Brussels to London (2 hour journey - cost effective). You can even easily connect from the Eurostar station in London to the Piccalilli line to Heathrow (or stay a night or two in London).

Or vice versa: in October we landed in London - spent some time there - then Eurostar to Brussels and some time there - bought our own tickets on Brussels Air to Göteborg (around USD 95 per person). Then picked up the car and did a long, 3,000+ km journey (ending back at the FDC).

Also note: things do change, too. In 2007 and 2012 it was only SAS - and in 2012 I was able to fly from the US to Copenhagen to St. Petersburg (and then purchased for about USD $100 p/p a ticket LEN-ARN-GOT to pick up the car). Flew home GOT-CPH-ORD-home. Unfortunately that kind of flexibility is no longer allowed. Volvo also used to charge a surcharge for up to 2 people during the high season (for some years) but I read they did away with that recently.

Again - Patty would be the best person to answer these questions - she was extremely helpful with our last trip.

Safe Travels!

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thank you for your information and suggestions. I will contact corporate travel.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts