SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
18,762 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I noticed this today, I don't think it is safe, but I've never seen this before. Is this called sidewall bubble? What caused this? These are V-Rated, and I haven't been over 140 on them. All of the other tires are fine.

I bought these wintersport M3s from tire rack in 2004, they have less than 8000 miles on them, would they still be covered under Dunlops warranty?

Can I file a claim here in Europe?

It isn't supposed to snow here in the next week, but the temps are going to be in the 30-40s, will my BFG KDW2s be better than this M3?

·
Banned
373 Posts
They could be covered, however 9 times out of 10 that type of damage is due to the lip of the wheel compressing the sidewall of the tire when hitting a pot hole and cutting the inner liner. Air leaks from this cut and appears like a bubble.

The tire should not be driven on, and replacemented asap.

Once the tire is removed from the wheel, have it inspected for this cut. If there is no visable tear / cut present it to a Dunlop dealer for warty. Or call our customer service dept for help.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.