SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
857 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know if they're still available for the vintage cars anywhere? Specifically what I need is SVO 2907 which is a shaft for pressing out the layshaft spindle in an M40/41. By using this, you can retain all the needle bearings and allow the layshaft to drop down so you can remove the mainshaft.

So yeah. I need one. Unless there's a super secret way to change the input shaft bearing with everything still together.

·
Registered
857 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
That's the one? It's that easy?

Sent using Tapatalk 2.

·
Registered
857 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Okay so Tasca sent me a refund with no accompanying email so I assume the part is NLA through them. Any other leads?

Sent using Tapatalk 2.

·
Registered
942 Posts
Did you get the SVO2907 tool? Now I need one...

·
Registered
550 Posts
I made one. Got a wooden dowel at Ace then chucked it in the drill press and sanded it down to the right diameter.
You don't need it to pull the layshaft out, just to install it.
So use the hole in the case to get the diameter right. Then cut it so it's long enough to hold the washer things against the case.

A turning lathe would make the process much faster.

·
Premium Member
1,579 Posts
I don't use a dummy spindle at all anymore. A smear of wheel bearing grease holds the bearing needles in place just fine, and also works to stick the thrust washers to the case. The only trick is all the parts need to be dry.

·
Registered
550 Posts
Phil I was afraid something would fall out whilst clunking the darn thing into place. I have used the grease method with other transmissions and also just to hold the bearings before sliding the wooden dowel in place.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts