SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am new to the Volvo scene and just recently started looking into the C30s. I've been doing some research the past few months, looking to see what the market is like, and have been thinking about finding a low milage 08 to turn into a daily driver but slowly add some performance parts to over time. But, finding just that is impossible. I've found an 08 with 145k miles in great condition for around $5,500. It recently had damn near a top end rebuild, belts changed, water pump replaced, and front axles replaced. The body is in great condition and under the car there seems to be minimal rust. Would I realistically be able to rely on this car as a daily if maintained? They also have an 11 R for $9,500 that has just had a 40k engine, turbo, and trans attached after blowing out the previous engine. Should I spend more to get a lower milage engine, or buy a cheaper car and have more room for repairs and mods? I'm not looking for something reliable for a lot of distance driving, mainly city mile. Sorry for a wordy post you've probably seen a thousand time!

·
Registered
92 Posts
I'm sorry, you want to turn a daily driver into a daily driver? lol
C30 is a fine car for a daily driver.

where exactly do you live? you sound like you are not in america but you are using dollars.
the T5 engine is pretty reliable when stock, the top end should never have been rebuilt
if you mean coil packs and gaskets that's fine

but if the top end was rebuilt, either the timing belt snapped or the car was abused.
it may still be a good car but you need to ask more questions and a compression test
5000$ for a used C30 is a good price and normal in america

make sure you test drive the car up to 75mph, there should be no wobble or steering wheel shake
a car with lots of miles will need most of the front suspension replaced if it shakes
if the front axles were replaced they were either making clicking noises or were unbalanced and shaking or possibly snapped in half and may be related to the engine being overboosted and needing a rebuild

anyway, dont let me scare you just be sure to get more details
C30 is a good car but maintenance will start getting expensive as they get older and suspension parts need replacing

1 - 2 of 2 Posts