SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone had luck ordering parts made for foreign markets from a local dealer?

I want to buy an Euro front plate holder for my V90 RD (32227590), and while a German site for instance has it for only €23, it’s about €90 for shipping.

Are dealers restricted to ordering parts only ever released to the domestic market? Thanks.

·
Registered
655 Posts
My understanding is that absent special circumstances (e.g., diplomats and foreign military members), dealers can only get parts for cars in their markets. I know that while my parents were stationed in Belgium and Germany, the dealer was able to source US only parts and that dealers in the DC metro area have been able to get parts for Euro spec models that were in the US for diplomatic staff and NATO military members. But for you and I, no such luck.

I will note that back in the day, Borton Volvo’s parts department used to stock some overseas parts, such as the drivers side convex mirror. i believe they purchased those parts through the grey market. I do not know if that is still the case.

·
Registered
645 Posts
Has anyone had luck ordering parts made for foreign markets from a local dealer?

I want to buy an Euro front plate holder for my V90 RD (32227590), and while a German site for instance has it for only €23, it’s about €90 for shipping.

Are dealers restricted to ordering parts only ever released to the domestic market? Thanks.
Trodo.com is what you need... I bought from them multiple times Oil Filters, Air Filters, Denso OEM wiper blades, Wheel Bearings, etc... They sell OEM parts branded under the OEM manufacturer brand. You could buy Volvo branded parts but they are 2 X the price.

They ship through DHL at a relatively cheap price. I would advise to order some other items since you are paying the same shipping price already.

Sent from my YAL-L21 using Tapatalk

1 - 3 of 3 Posts