SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,588 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Alright, so I've finally come to the point where the C70 is going to get some new shoes; but there is a burning question that needs to be asked...

My personal taste is looking towards 18 X 8.5 with ET30 offset. My logic here is simple...I've seen many people adding spacers of 10-20mm on the cars to get a wider stance and whatnot. So since I'm going to drop the funds for some wheels...I might as well get everything done right the first time. However, does anyone have experience with a 355mm big brake kit with this offset of wheels?

I am under the impression that I will have more room in the front (street side of the wheel) than I would without the offset. But I am no expert and hence the reason I'm going to ask first and then order based on what you guys say.

Does anyone have experience with mounting an ET30 18 X 8.5 wheel with a 355mm Big Brake kit on all 4 wheels?

The car will be on IPD springs and Bilstine TCs all around.

So am I asking for trouble or will I be happy in the end?

Thanks all, I really appreciate the help!
Cheers,
Prospero

·
Premium Member
453 Posts
Re: Ordering custom wheels, need help with offset question...please. (Prospero)

wrt big brakes, it ultimately depends on the wheel's design, not only the offset. Pegasus wheels for example clear big brakes without spacers and they are 18x8 ET35mm IIRC.

·
Registered
1,588 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Re: Ordering custom wheels, need help with offset question...please. (Schweder)

Thanks for the info!

I'll see how my new wheels fit over the BB kit next week.

Hopefully I won't need anything more to get this done.

Cheers,
Prospero

·
Registered
2,024 Posts
Re: Ordering custom wheels, need help with offset question...please. (Schweder)

Quote, originally posted by Schweder »
wrt big brakes, it ultimately depends on the wheel's design, not only the offset. Pegasus wheels for example clear big brakes without spacers and they are 18x8 ET35mm IIRC.

Pegasus are ET46!!!!

But anyway you can always take something off if the ET is too low (30) and make it a 35 or 40... (would be more difficult the otherway around
)

Good luck and post some pics

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.