SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
259 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm thinking about doing an install video.

How long did this take folks to install completely? (Front Mount Only)

·
Registered
4,381 Posts
I'm thinking about doing an install video.

How long did this take folks to install completely? (Front Mount Only)
It takes about 20 minutes. Pull radio, connect everything, put radio back in. Putting it back in is 10 minutes of that - takes a fair amount of wrestling for the 05+ head units.

·
Administrator
55,892 Posts

·
Premium Member
259 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
Got it yesterday and installed it. I can't figure out a good place to locate the imiv unit itself. There is a trim piece on the passenger side I can't figure out how to remove. It is the long piece that the vent insert pops out of in the passenger side area near where your feet would be. The trim goes from there all the way into the center console. It runs along the bottom. I pulled at it but wasn't going to yank it for fear of breaking it.

I found a good video on YouTube about how to remove and reinstall the hu850 but they left out how they got this trim piece out.

·
Registered
4,381 Posts
Got it yesterday and installed it. I can't figure out a good place to locate the imiv unit itself. There is a trim piece on the passenger side I can't figure out how to remove. It is the long piece that the vent insert pops out of in the passenger side area near where your feet would be. The trim goes from there all the way into the center console. It runs along the bottom. I pulled at it but wasn't going to yank it for fear of breaking it.
just turn the twist lock 90 degrees and the panel slides right out.

Just go to my iMIV installation page and scroll down to the "trim removal" section. It is the 4th link in the P2 DIY FAQ found here: http://forums.swedespeed.com/showthread.php?74698-Audio-Forum-FAQs-and-DIYs-READ-THIS-FIRST

·
Premium Member
259 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
4th link is the door panel removal for s60. I looked at every other link and didn't see anything that told me what I needed... Help?

·
Registered
4,381 Posts
4th link is the door panel removal for s60. I looked at every other link and didn't see anything that told me what I needed... Help?
the 4th one in the P2 section.

anyways, like I said above, just twist the retainer latch 90 degrees and pull the panel out

·
Premium Member
259 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I don't even see a retainer latch.

·
Registered
11,927 Posts

·
Premium Member
259 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
That latch won't turn 90 degrees. Instead I removed the panel under the glove box and slid it between the seats from there. Problem solved!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts