SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hey All,

Yesterday my wife and I ordered an XC90 from Park Place in Dallas. They had the exact configuration we wanted in stock but somebody beat us to it. I got a call from the dealer saying that they had the same configuration inbound and we should have it by November 26. Pretty pleased about that! Our config:

Powertrain: T6 AWD $ 49,800
Trim: T6 AWD Inscription $ 5,600
Color: Crystal White Metallic $ 560
Wheels: 21 x 9 - 8-Spoke Diamond Cut Silver Alloy Wheels $ 750
Upholstery: Inscription Amber Perforated Leather

Packages:
  • Bowers & Wilkins Premium Sound System $ 2,650
  • Climate Package $ 1,050
  • Convenience Package $ 1,800
  • Vision Package $ 1,800 - EDIT: forgot this

Options:
  • 4-corner Air Suspension $ 1,800
  • Integrated, Center Booster Cushion, 2nd row $ 250
  • Graphical Head-up Display (HUD) $ 900

Accessories:
  • Protection Package Plus $ 510

MSRP: $ 68,465

We debated the T6 vs. T8 a bit but ultimately decided we preferred a loaded T6 to a modestly appointed T8 (We were looking at $80K+ for a T8 configured how we wanted it). Also, the T6 felt very fast for a 3-row SUV. A year ago we ordered a GL350 ($77K all-in) but decided not to take delivery of it. I suspect that once we have our hands on the XC90 we'll be happy that we waited.

Any advice to a new XC90 owner? I'm going to start reading every post on this forum...

Personal intro: late 30s with a wife and a 2 year old. Ex-NASA engineer, currently the head of the strategy practice for a consulting firm. I'm a car nut and have owned some cool/fun cars over the years: '56 Chevy Bel-Air, '68 Mustang Convertible, '67 Mustang Fastback, '06 Porsche Cayman S, '03 WRX. The XC90 will be replacing a '12 Volkswagen TDI (cheating jerks). Our other car is an '08 Lexus GX and I have my eye on an '05 Porsche 911 Turbo S.

·
Registered
541 Posts
Welcome! You have great taste in your color choices :) I'm a new owner myself, so I don't have a lot of advice. Just start reading as much as you can, ask questions, and enjoy!

Just curious... It seems like the MSRP you had seems a tad bit higher than the options you listed. Perhaps you had ordered some accessories as well?

·
Registered
415 Posts

·
Registered
4,289 Posts

·
Registered
361 Posts
Wow! Sounds gorgeous. Please keep us up to date on the process, like, when you get your VIN number; and most of all--post pics when it arrives.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Just curious... It seems like the MSRP you had seems a tad bit higher than the options you listed. Perhaps you had ordered some accessories as well?
You're right! I forgot the Vision Package ($1,800). Basically, it has every package and every option (except black headliner) available for the T6 Inscription.

·
Registered
541 Posts
You're right! I forgot the Vision Package ($1,800). Basically, it has every package and every option (except black headliner) available for the T6 Inscription.
Great choices! I was going to say you should have gotten the vision package too :)

·
Registered
3,683 Posts
Congrats and welcome to the forum and to the Volvo family.....

·
Super Moderator
39,263 Posts
It is the all weather floor mats and trunk linen, according to Yannis.
Plus the rear bumper protector; it is a thin stainless steel piece affixed centerline.

·
Super Moderator
39,263 Posts
CimpanZed, congrats. That is how I would order mine, if I were getting one. Nice job and it will be here before you know it.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Congratulations on the order! I highly recommend the charcoal/black headliner. I think it really allows the amber leather to stand out. I "cancelled" my wife's initial order (with grey standard headliner) because the last date of change occurred two days before Volvo made the dark headliner available in the U.S. We took delivery on 9/25 and I was so glad we made the change and waited for the new order. I don't think my wife cares either way though, so I'm glad she tolerated my OCD.

·
Registered
130 Posts
We ordered from the same dealer and ours is expected to arrive a month ahead of schedule.

·
Registered
3,683 Posts
Congratulations on the order! I highly recommend the charcoal/black headliner. I think it really allows the amber leather to stand out. I "cancelled" my wife's initial order (with grey standard headliner) because the last date of change occurred two days before Volvo made the dark headliner available in the U.S. We took delivery on 9/25 and I was so glad we made the change and waited for the new order. I don't think my wife cares either way though, so I'm glad she tolerated my OCD.
Funny....it was my wife who insisted on the dark headliner in our case!!!!

·
Registered
3,683 Posts
Plus the rear bumper protector; it is a thin stainless steel piece affixed centerline.
Can anyone share a photo of this rear bumper protector? Can this be added at the factory as part of an OSD???

·
Registered
381 Posts
Can anyone share a photo of this rear bumper protector? Can this be added at the factory as part of an OSD???
We had it included with our car Greg. I'll be happy to show it to you sometime.

·
Registered
91 Posts
I priced the all weather mats, etc. separately and it only came out to $240. It looks like quite a ripoff. Does the protection plus come with anything else that might justify the price?

·
Registered
341 Posts
I just ordered a T6 Inscription in onyx black, amber interior, black headliner, 21" wheels, B&W sound system, climate package, convenience package, vision package and 4-C suspension on 9/21. I just received me ETA today and was told 2/24/2016. Ouch! More than a five month wait from the day I ordered it. Oh well, well worth the wait. Although it is killing me. It's going to be a long winter!!!

·
Registered
130 Posts
Order the mats from the local Volvo Parts Dept.

·
Registered
130 Posts
I just ordered a T6 Inscription in onyx black, amber interior, black headliner, 21" wheels, B&W sound system, climate package, convenience package, vision package and 4-C suspension on 9/21. I just received me ETA today and was told 2/24/2016. Ouch! More than a five month wait from the day I ordered it. Oh well, well worth the wait. Although it is killing me. It's going to be a long winter!!!
Yikes! We ordered August 23rd or 24th. Car is arriving Oct. 20th at the dealer (so we are told)

1 - 20 of 41 Posts