SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Calling all experts (or at least those who have gone before and found out): I'm looking for your knowing advice, guidance, and warnings, once again...

I just ordered a C30 to my specs (yesssss!), and it'll be here in December. I'd really like to have some chrome accents on it (handles/Sport Décor Frame, etc.). Who do you like for those kinds of parts?

Also, for all-weather mats; go through the dealer? Or do you have another source you really like for that kind of gear?

I'd rather not take my chances on an 'unknown' for ordering these parts... I've ordered off the internet before and not always been delighted with what arrived, if you know what i mean...

Thanks for sharing your advice and experience, once again. :thumbup:

·
Registered
334 Posts
I'm not big on bling accessories so I cant help you the chrome stuff BUT there are no better mats then those offered by WeatherTech.. I have the laser mats for winter use and they are incredible

·
Super Moderator
39,263 Posts
Calling all experts (or at least those who have gone before and found out): I'm looking for your knowing advice, guidance, and warnings, once again...

I just ordered a C30 to my specs (yesssss!), and it'll be here in December. I'd really like to have some chrome accents on it (handles/Sport Décor Frame, etc.). Who do you like for those kinds of parts?

Also, for all-weather mats; go through the dealer? Or do you have another source you really like for that kind of gear?

I'd rather not take my chances on an 'unknown' for ordering these parts... I've ordered off the internet before and not always been delighted with what arrived, if you know what i mean...

Thanks for sharing your advice and experience, once again. :thumbup:
Remember, any accessories you order and install at your Volvo store at the time of delivery, will carry the full Safe+Secure warranty. Therefore, wen if you were able to save a few bucks here and there, you need to take that into account. At the same time there is still a Fall promotion on certain accessories (I.e. floor mats) which should make it an even better deal.

·
Registered
1,689 Posts
No chrome. Not to the window sills or door handles. Most of the time they are not done right and end up looking cheap and tacky. Save your $$$ on performance upgrades. You spent all this money on a car that already looks good; let it look good. Get downpipe and exhaust w/ nice tips. Stock spoiler if you don't have it already. Maybe some Heico exterior upgrades if you really got the $$$.

·
Registered
3,683 Posts
Remember, any accessories you order and install at your Volvo store at the time of delivery, will carry the full Safe+Secure warranty. Therefore, wen if you were able to save a few bucks here and there, you need to take that into account. At the same time there is still a Fall promotion on certain accessories (I.e. floor mats) which should make it an even better deal.
I am constantly getting postcards from my dealer advertising 15% off accessories with their attached coupon (or discounted service specials)....

You could also check your dealers website for specials.......

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
When we tried ordering the chrome from the dealership, they told us it was not available. That is also what we found on volvocars, so aftermarket seems like our option. Wish i COULD order through the dealer as a factory-installed option, always the best way.

·
Registered
2,201 Posts
You sure? Chrome accessories usually come out really tacky due to them being made cheaply and not fitting right, then there's the part about them looking like they were glued on poorly.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Chrome fog light surrounds, door sill protectors and chrome mirror covers are available from Volvo. IDK what you have specified when you ordered yours.

Does it have the body kit? If so some other parts may not fit, check before ordering.

HTH

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

·
Registered
75 Posts
Please no chrome. It's horrible. It's a good looking car as it is, don't ruin that with crappy chrome accents.

·
Registered
4,007 Posts
if you want mats, you want the weathertech LINERS. they're a bit pricier but are the best. don't go for the chrome, get the aluminum accents. that's way better than chrome

1 - 12 of 12 Posts