SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Super Moderator
3,780 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As you folks may have heard, it looks like my 2007 V70 may have gotten totaled this past weekend. I am starting to look at used XC 70 T6es as a possible replacement.

Question: Is the Premium Package "standard" on a 2009 XC 70 T6? Reason I asked, I have found 3 MY 2009s that are possibilities. Each of them does NOT list a Premium Package as optional equipment, but their respective pictures show leather interior, which is normally part of a Premium Package on a lot of Volvos.

Could somebody here educate me before I drive 3 states over to look at a car...

·
Registered
35 Posts
T6

Other sites show that there was a Premium package offered for a 2009 T6.

·
Super Moderator
3,780 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you. I am finding a lot of errors on this dealer's page. It was an oversight on the part of the dealer...

·
Registered
420 Posts
my wife has an '09 T6 with Premium and Climate packages, plus BLIS and Nav....just pulled out the window sticker from my files......base price was $39,500, total price $47,535. It was around peak of recession when we bought, I think we got it for under $40k, can't remember??

Anyhow, been a great car, the standard stuff in the T6 did not include leather according to the sticker. The Premium Package included moonroof, leather seats, power passenger seat, inside rear view mirror with compass, homelink, wood interior inlays for total package price of $2,995. The climate package had the heated front seats, headlight cleaning, heated washer nozzles, rain sensor wipers, integrated booster seats in back (used these for first time yesterday!), adaptive seat belts....package price was $875.

I'm looking at the actual sticker from our car, I always save them. If you need more info just let me know.

·
Registered
420 Posts
Holy crap, just checked and I only paid $37,008 for that car......the local dealer's been calling my wife recently offering $2k incentives on a '13, I told her that would have to be $2k under invoice on a '13 and then maybe we'd talk. Problem I've got is we usually keep every Volvo for 100k miles, then sell it privately. We're on our 5th wagon doing this, it's worked well. I'm concerned that we won't see another big wagon from Volvo like the XC70 in the future, this is the last....especially considering future mileage requirements.

We don't like SUV's, they don't have the room in the rear like the XC70, and none of the current Audi wagons have that level of storage space also. Plus, it's harder to get a surf board on top of an SUV....the XC70 is a perfect utilitarian car for us.

Anyhow, we have 55k miles on the '09, I'm considering trading if the deal is good. I'm 55 years old and have never traded a car in my life, always personally sell our vehicles because they're in incredible condition. We'll see.....but you know what, the deal breaker could be this issue that the laser signal on my radar detector will be activated constantly by that stupid safety device they have on the car now....need to stop by and test my detector on a test drive.

If this is true, it' pushes us totally out of the Volvo family.....would have to consider the Audi A4 Allroad.....cool looking car, but overpriced....and too small in storage room.

·
Registered
808 Posts
Yes, the Premium pkg was an option for both the 3.2 and the T6 for 2009. The package includes leather and moonroof among some other items.

·
Super Moderator
3,780 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I'm finding a bunch of typos on this dealer's website. Wrong pictures with wrong car in inventory, etc. So yeah, they left out the Premium Package on the spec sheet. I found the particular cars I'm looking at all have Premium and Climate pacakges at the very least.

Somehow, it just doesn't seem right to me for a Volvo NOT to have heated leather seats...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts