SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,433 Posts
Re: Opinions on Volve Rubber Floor Mats (floor trays) for winter? (darisgin)

Damb good gift idea. My drivers side mats with the embroidered "850" will never come clean again... cursed winter salt and crud. Not using rubber mats in the winter may also rust the floor a little with all the tracked snow/salt that melts into the carpets.

Do it from new and let the interior live!! Hey, those were Volvo rubber floor mats? How much if you don't mind me asking?

·
Registered
13 Posts
Re: Opinions on Volve Rubber Floor Mats (Kaizai)

The rubber mats for the newer models don't cost that much. I got a set for my V70 this fall for around $90+ from my local dealer. And there is a rebate for 20% going on through the end of December on all floor mats, cargo trays and all. The textile floor mats do cost more. Volvo Partsworld has them cheaper and the price varies by model: S60's rubber mats are listed on on sale for approx. $46USD, V70 was showing on sale for $66USD. I guess I should have shopped around.

So far they have worked great, I'm very happy I bought them before the winter. Only thing I didn't like about the V70 ones was that there is a small section on the driver's mat that is not rubber, so it has already gotten very dirty and I'm not sure if it really will clean up well. From the picture shown in the accessories brochure it looks as if maybe on some models the driver's mat is all rubber?

But sounds like a great gift.

dgriffith

·
Registered
3,706 Posts
Re: Opinions on Volve Rubber Floor Mats (dgriffith)

Yes! It is a very good idea. I use them 365 days a year on my car. I went and got some for $20 3 years ago at Target and they work perfectly fine. Might not be the exact fit, but still just fine. The ones I have are smoked clear plastic. I just lay them over the carpeted mats.

-Drew

·
Registered
81 Posts
Re: Opinions on Volve Rubber Floor Mats (doublej95)

I got winter rubbe mats for my S80. I was really impressed. They are perfectly molded to the car shape, they snap tight in to position (so they don't slip), they are deep (for collecting water, snow), and look great! They will run you about $150 (Canadian), but I got the dealer to throw them in when i bought the car http://********************/smile/emwink.gif . In any case, I think they are worth it!!

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Re: Opinions on Volve Rubber Floor Mats (Toronto_S80T6)

I got a double discount - 20% off list from dealer, followed by 20% rebate from manufacturer:

http://www.volvopartsworld.com/volpon1.htm

I think it's a bargain:
Set of 4 OEM Volve rubber floor trays:
39964225 - S60 gray Sale $42.40 (then get 20% back via rebate)

They even FedExed 'em to my door! (for only $8.50 shipping!) - these things are great!

[Modified by darisgin, 5:54 PM 12-19-2002]

·
Administrator
55,951 Posts
Re: Opinions on Volve Rubber Floor Mats (darisgin)

grrr!! I just got my set last weekend from my dealer, $109. And he was "discounting" it from $130 or something near there.

My interior has that new rubber smell. http://********************/smile/emwink.gif

1 - 9 of 9 Posts