SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Had purchased a T5 M66 from a dealer. Hours before delivery received the call that the car has been damaged and I was sent pictures of the damage.

Considering the weld is split on the side of the door. I am thinking the whole door ideally needs to be replaced rather than just patching as this could cause major rust headaches in the future. Dealer wants to repair. Opinions?

·
Registered
274 Posts
Had purchased a T5 M66 from a dealer. Hours before delivery received the call that the car has been damaged and I was sent pictures of the damage.

Considering the weld is split on the side of the door. I am thinking the whole door ideally needs to be replaced rather than just patching as this could cause major rust headaches in the future. Dealer wants to repair. Opinions?
For Free?

·
Registered
658 Posts
Did you tell the dealer...next time...just change the battery in the remote to open the door.

As long as they repair it, I suppose this ok, but puts doubts in my mind as other issues they won't tell you.

Until after you receive delivery.

·
Registered
274 Posts
Yah, I would have them repair it....and I agree with Red Zone..maybe they have some other stuff too that they wont tell...

·
Registered
7,163 Posts
That's totally a break in. Stay away unless they want to give you a smoking deal at this point!

·
Registered
873 Posts
I would not buy with a repair only.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2

·
Registered
329 Posts
Yeah, that's going to bubble rust later down the road. And best case, you own a car that's been partially painted (even if the door is new). You paid for an original car, that's what you should get. Agree with "smoking deal" sentiment of veefifty. If they want to fix it right AND knock some serious dough off, that's a different story. But they won't. Not what I would consider serious, anyhow.

·
Registered
873 Posts
They will rather sell it full price to another seller telling then "very small dent in door professionally fixed and nothing on Carfax" than give you a significant discount.

And since it won't show on Carfax they could even try to sell it without telling the customer....

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2

·
Registered
1,233 Posts
Whole new door and no change in price, and yes I would. That's sharp looking car.

Also how did that happen... If the fob didn't work why didn't they use the door key on it lol probly not that kinda of damage. Did it happen on the transporter?

·
Registered
1,328 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Dealer said car was hit off hoist foot. Thats about all I know. Trying for a new door but if not I'll drop the sale and keep looking

·
Registered
1,328 Posts
Dealer said car was hit off hoist foot. Thats about all I know. Trying for a new door but if not I'll drop the sale and keep looking
I think that's you're best bet, Tree.

·
Registered
1,397 Posts
It looks exactly like someone was backing the car with the door open. Newbie, idiot mistake. I have only done it once... To my free jeep. ;)

I would have an independent body shop check how aligned the door is with the body also.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I belive they are taking it to a FixAuto location in the GTA. However, I feel like it will be a cheap fix and I risk running into problems later. Its just difficult to find a T5 M66 facelift :/

·
Registered
658 Posts
Just remember, you might be better off waiting to see what else comes down the road. Piece of mind is priceless. If you got a "lesser-equipped" T5, but was solid, you'd be better off adding mods from there. Who knows, this might be the only problem. But you'll have to make that call...and stick with it.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts