SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It feels a little embarrassing to ask but how can I open the fuse box located on the passenger side? I have removed the carpet that covers it, but couldn't figure out how to remove the cover... I thought Volvo use the same type of fuse boxes but they use three different ones in three different places. All of them have a cover and the one under the hood is the easiest one to open while this one on the passenger side seems to be the hardest one to open. I am clueless now...

·
Registered
206 Posts
I don't have the car since I am currently just following this group. But I imagine accessing the fuses would be covered in the owners manual. Don't ever feel embarrassed to ask questions, nobody knows everything and that's how we learn. As an example; we just bought our first two smart phones. [Black Friday sales] For the past several days I have been asking question after question in a user group about the phones and how different things work! ;)

·
Registered
13 Posts
My question is even more basic, how do you find and access that passenger footwell fuse box? Manual is no help. I'm reading you removed the carpet. How, what's involved with doing that?
Strange placement for something you may need to access in an emergency.

·
Registered
2,740 Posts
Out of curiousity, where does the 2nd gen XC90 have the fuse for the 12v outlets?

On the 1st gen, I (and many others) found out the hard annoying way that of all the various fuses boxes on the XC90, the one for the 12v outlets was in the one fuse box that required needing tools and removing interior panels to get to. VERY FRUSTRATING.

Hopefully they've relocated the 12v outlet fuse, IMO the one most likely to blow and need replacing, to a more convenient location with easy access.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
My question is even more basic, how do you find and access that passenger footwell fuse box? Manual is no help. I'm reading you removed the carpet. How, what's involved with doing that?
Strange placement for something you may need to access in an emergency.
I removed two screws under the glove box which turns out may not be necessary. Then you can pry open the carpet simply by hand. It is not completely removed but the opening is big enough for you to get to yhe fuse box.

Please let me know if you figure out how to open it...

·
Registered
13 Posts
The fuse for the 12v interior outlet in the console is in the underhood fuse block. I was installing a radar detector and wanted to tap that circuit vs. one that might be more sensitive to voltage, current, draws. So that meant running a wire from under the hood into the passenger compartment. I would have preferred to try a circuit in the footwell block, but couldn't find the darn thing.

·
Registered
1 Posts

I'm putting in a picture for.anyone else that struggled as I did to find it! Have to get right under the carpet to get to the fuse box.

Did anyone figure out how to get it open?! I'm at the thing but for the life of me can't get the thing open! IMG_20210211_141229.jpg

·
Registered
61 Posts
You really have to fold the carpet back a lot further than you think. It's easy to break the tabs on the cover if I remember correctly. I also removed the trim around the door sills which helps fold the carpet back. I think there are some clips on the bottom and the top of the cover. Don't try to hinge it open, that's what I did and I broke the clips.

Thanks to Swedespeed moderator tomedkaz for making a video on dash cam install that covers the fuse box!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts