SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well this was my GTI that I took the deer down with

And this is myS60R I bought that I am picking up thursday at noon. Sorry it's a crappy I pic I was originally just taking it to convince the wife to test drive it.

·
Registered
373 Posts
In his other thread, he said he hit the deer @ 60 mph.

·
Registered
4,001 Posts
yeah, deer will do a number on them. I hit one at 65-70 a number of years ago. crushed roof, front end of car i was in.

looks like it is was fate for the deer, and for you to be in an R

welcome to ss, I read your other thread where a buddy drove you around and just happened to stumble into the R.

·
Registered
5,397 Posts
A deer sheered your tire off as well as the remainder of your front end....How fast were you going and did that deer have bionic appendages?

·
Registered
1,341 Posts
I didn't know gti's came with steel wheels. Every newer one I have seen have the machined looking alloys.

·
Registered
1,752 Posts
Could be a spare set, or the full size spare?

Once you get used to the 7 point U turn, you will be in love. My wife booked us at a hotel with underground parking that was awful cramped right after I got mine. I made her get out and make sure I didn't get too close to the stupid poles.

·
Registered
1,738 Posts
Yeah, did you slam your wheel into something post deer. I didn't know a deer could taco a steel wheel, thats impressive

·
Registered
3,388 Posts
Ugh. That is why I hate driving rural roads in the dark. The furry varmits jump out of nowhere!

That ranks right up there with ice covered roads, not just slightly, I'm talking covered with a sheet of ice (think freezing rain). I'm not so worried about me and my winter tires, but the other yea-hoos that don't know how to drive icy roads.

I didn't know gti's came with steel wheels. Every newer one I have seen have the machined looking alloys.
Yeah, did you slam your wheel into something post deer. I didn't know a deer could taco a steel wheel, thats impressive
I was wondering abou the steelies too. They are not even winter tires, just all-season. Perhaps that suffices in his part of the world.

·
Registered
2,545 Posts
Woah! Dang dude. Looks like you figured out how to get your pics posted. That must have been quite an experience hitting a large animal like that.

·
Registered
3,464 Posts
That'll probably buff out...the windshield will definitely need to be replaced though :D

you must have been going really fast when you hit that deer...
Did you go off roading after I see dirt in there. But no blood did u keep it for dinner at least? :D

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Yea the steelies go on when I think it's going to snow it has been real cold out lately (of course it's back in the 60's for the last couple of days) and i needed an oil change and some other stuff so I had the winter steelies put on.

Hitting a big deer is no joke haha I saw the thing at the last second and cranked the wheel I hit it with my passenger side and flew into the ditch super hard probably still going 60 or so thats why the wheel and tire pretty much exploded off the car. I tell you what airbags hurt bad haha

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 · (Edited)
haha no dinner I slammed into the side of it's rump. I probably over reacted and spun my steering wheel to hard without thinking. I just wasn't expecting the damn thing driving home from work at midnight. This is where I say "you should see the other guy!"

·
Registered
1,752 Posts
A long time ago, my first nice car was a 1995 Eagle Talon TSi AWD. I met a girl who lived in WI that had the spitting image of my car, same year make model and color. In the back woods one night she hit a deer on the hwy headed home from work. Deployed both airbags, destroyed the car. When the cops show up she's out side the car beating the piss out of it for killing her car.

·
Registered
2,461 Posts
i'm sure you now know this but

NEVER EVER SWERVE FOR AN ANIMAL SHORT OF SOMETHING LIKE A MOOSE OR ELK! Slow down or speed up! It's never worth going off the road and risking further damage or yourself vs just hitting a deer head on.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts