SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
8,607 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I may replace the windshield on my car. Looking at the parts catalog there is only one p/n for the windshield. So people without rain sensors get the same windshield with the sensor hole just exposed? As I see it I will need to scrape off my old sensor and place it on the new windshield, but I want to make sure the windshield I get has the hole the sensor sees out of.

·
Super Moderator
15,117 Posts
I'm not sure, but I just had the windshield replaced on my old S40. They asked if I had a rain sensor or not, then brought out the appropriate windshield for my car. It didn't have the sensor hole.

·
Registered
8,607 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'm not sure, but I just had the windshield replaced on my old S40. They asked if I had a rain sensor or not, then brought out the appropriate windshield for my car. It didn't have the sensor hole.
interesting. I guess I'll go to the dealer and see if they know of anything different.

·
Registered
945 Posts
I had a rain sensor windshield on a non-rain sensor c30. I had bought the car with 24k miles on it. So it may be the case.

·
Registered
8,607 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
It was a 2008 c30 t5m
thanks. I'm beginning to think there is only one windshield for rain sensor and without.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts