SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
81 - 91 of 91 Posts

·
Registered
1,211 Posts
I think it may be also an option to do an engine swap. There is someone in Michigan who has done one or two already from salvaged cars.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #82 ·
I think it may be also an option to do an engine swap. There is someone in Michigan who has done one or two already from salvaged cars.
Hey, if you're offering to pay for the engine and labor.... ;) Sadly it's just not in the books for me right now.

·
Registered
3,412 Posts
Well, with a blown headgasket and with that many miles on the chassis, I think you should drop the price to something more like $1000.

·
Registered
1,182 Posts
If those bike racks are compatible with the OEM load bars on a S40, I'm interested. Shoot me a PM if you're willing to ship to CO.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #85 ·
Well, with a blown headgasket and with that many miles on the chassis, I think you should drop the price to something more like $1000.
Agreed. Wanted to shoot high. I've received two offers at $1000 so far, so I'm hoping one of them sticks.

If those bike racks are compatible with the OEM load bars on a S40, I'm interested. Shoot me a PM if you're willing to ship to CO.
Sorry, already being used on my Subaru :)

·
Registered
1,196 Posts
Agreed. Wanted to shoot high. I've received two offers at $1000 so far, so I'm hoping one of them sticks.

Sorry, already being used on my Subaru :)
I think getting somewhere between 1-1.5k is reasonable since from what I've read you have a fair amount of of aftermarket parts (+ the Elevate tuner), and new tires right?

Sent from my XT1575 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #87 ·
I think getting somewhere between 1-1.5k is reasonable since from what I've read you have a fair amount of of aftermarket parts (+ the Elevate tuner), and new tires right?

Sent from my XT1575 using Tapatalk
All correct save for the tires. Almost bought them a few days before this happened, and decided to keep the ones on currently until the end of summer.

I have a gentleman purchasing the car from me in a week or so; do these have OEM intercoolers? I feel silly for asking, but I am still very unfamiliar with my first turbo engine.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #90 ·
Oh, and to add to the misery, this showed up yesterday.

359 measly damn miles was all I had to drive.

I'm glad I found someone who is taking the time to give it new life and reach this goal. New engine is being put into it.

81 - 91 of 91 Posts