SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello All,

:D:D:D

It has been just over two months since I placed my order for my shiny new Black Sapphire Volvo C70. I thought I would have added more post to this forum, but between work and school, I have been quite busy.

Actually my third job has been researching all things Sweden and Denmark. Well in the time that has past since my first post, I have mapped out a plan (sort of) for my OSD trip in early July. I will spend my time mostly in Copenhagen as I don't have quite the vacation time needed to stay longer.

I am a jazz aficionado and imagine my surprise when I discovered the Copenhagen Jazz Festival occurs during my pick-up. So far the OSD process has been a breeze. I keep thinking something is missing or the carpet is going to be pulled from under my feet. It is truly a wonderful and haggle-free experience.

Today was final financing day and that couldn't have gone any smoother. I spent probably 30 minutes on paperwork and almost 2 hours shooting the breeze. Now I am back at the computer with a small load of school work to do, however I am brimming with excitement about this purchase and impending trip.

I would like to thank all the individuals who have been so gracious as to share their experiences and knowledge of traveling to the Scandinavian region. Your experiences are extremely helpful and they also seem so wonderful. I certainly hope the rest of this experience goes just a smoothly as the order, financing, and travel arrangements have gone.

If there is anyone out there who is on the fence about purchasing a Volvo in this fashion, well let me just say it couldn't be easier. Now it is time for me to scour through the tips once again just so I know what to do when I cross Oresund Bridge. And just think, I thought the Chesapeake Bay Tunnel Bridge was fascinating; and it is, it just isn't connecting Sweden to Denmark.

Happy Trails to One and All

·
Registered
4,185 Posts
I found this forum very helpful in planning for our OSD.

The Oresund bridge was certainly an interesting drive!

·
Registered
1,007 Posts
On our first OSD I took the road south to Malmo and then across the bridge ... amazing thing after you head west from the toll booth! And it all seemed to go too quickly.

I had a GPS and glad I did ... as I was not prepared for the roads in Copenhagen city proper. Similar to Amsterdam and some other older European cities - with a lot of people on bikes. Never could have done the navigation with paper maps!

Enjoy your trip - I've been to the North Sea Jazz festival a few times (on the coast of The Netherlands near The Hague) and really enjoyed that - hope your CPH Jazz Festival is equally as good!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts