SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is there a way to undo the passenger side of where the hood latches - if pulling the cable release inside the car doesn't do it? I have the drivers' side unlatched, but, can only lift up about an inch... Passenger side has a good bear hug on it.

Thanks,

Jay

·
Registered
3,264 Posts
See link https://photos.app.goo.gl/eRqyqF4G3X8CYfFU8 for visuals. First is the latch itself, note the metal lever and the little compression fitting at the bottom, you'll be seeing it from underneath the vehicle. Second and third are from the bottom, next to the fog lights looking up. Get a long strong rod with some kind of blade less than 1/2 inch attached firmly on the end, and push the lever next to the compression fitting toward the inner side of the vehicle with someone pressing lightly on the hood itself if possible to remove pressure from the latch.

·
Registered
251 Posts
I had this happen on a '99 xc70 once. You can try to close and re-latch the hood, carefully wedge the hood up with something (I used a sharpie) on the side that does unlatch between the hood and headlight or radiator support (this vehicle had glass lights, so much stronger). Then when I pulled the release, it did open for me on both sides. The latch on the passenger side for me needed to be adjusted.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I had this happen on a '99 xc70 once. You can try to close and re-latch the hood, carefully wedge the hood up with something (I used a sharpie) on the side that does unlatch between the hood and headlight or radiator support (this vehicle had glass lights, so much stronger). Then when I pulled the release, it did open for me on both sides. The latch on the passenger side for me needed to be adjusted.
Thank you both. Will try this weekend.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts