SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Administrator
55,923 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ed. Press Release from Lehman Volvo. From the Twitter post, the owner has crossed over 999,100.

When Seldon Cooper purchased his new Volvo 240 sedan in November of 1986 he didn’t have plans to reach where he was today. Flash forward 26 years and Seldon is on the verge of putting his 1 millionth mile on his trusty car. “This is only the second Volvo I’ve owned” states Seldon, who has made it his mission to reach this mileage milestone. Through long road trips and dedication, he is about to make history.

On Saturday, September 22nd Seldon will complete his journey as he pulls into Lehman Motors Volvo, the same dealership that sold him his brand new car all those years ago. Also on hand will be other Volvo owners who have well exceeded the average mile mark, with some well over 250,000 miles and counting. “This is a true testament to the longevity and connectivity people have with their cars…and it quite an accomplishment!” states Lehman Motors Volvo Marketing Manager Dan Lehr.

Ray Bromley, Lehman Motors Volvo Owner and Dealer Principal sums it up: “Mr. Cooper spent many Saturday mornings in our service lounge. His commitment to maintaining his car really made a difference over the years and has allowed Mr. Cooper to realize his dream.”

How far can one Volvo owner go? Follow our customer's story on Twitter #seldonjourney

Lehman Motors is an Authorized Volvo Sales and Service facility located at 6281 Carlisle Pike, Mechanicsburg. Lehman Motors Volvo has been serving the Central Pennsylvania Area for over 30 years. More information at www.lehmanvolvo.com

·
Premium Member
19,953 Posts

http://lehmanvolvo.blogspot.com/2012/09/closing-in-on-1-million-miles.html

-----------------------------------------------------------------------
"This is only the second Volvo I've owned!" states Selden, who had no intention on racking up this many miles when he took delivery of his car. At some point it became a mission to reach that 1 million miles. He is not alone however. Irv Gordon, who owns a classic 1966 Volvo P1800 coupe, reached the 1 million mark over a decade ago. In fact, he will reach 3 million miles this time next year. In the meantime, Irv and Seldon will be meeting up at Volvo Cars North America's open house at the end of this month. Between the two of them they have plenty of road stories to share.
----------------------------------------------------------------------
On his drive to the Volvo Open House Mr. Cooper could detour ________ round trips to the moon to pass Irv's nearly 3 million miles?

George Dill

·
Registered
2,732 Posts
WOW congratulations Seldon :thumbup: :thumbup:

It's refreshing to see that Lehman Motors Volvo still service this 240. Usually dealerships shun older Volvo owners! As was told to me "we're in the business to sell & service new cars".

·
Registered
1,074 Posts
WOW congratulations Sheldon :thumbup: :thumbup:

It's refreshing to see that Lehman Motors Volvo still service this 240. Usually dealerships shun older Volvo owners! As as told to me "we're in the business to sell & service new cars".
Well he is not alone either, we have more than a handful of clients with RWD Volvos that still service with us, cars with 250,000 miles plus (some of which will be here to help us celebrate this milestone). But 1 million miles is pretty amazing!

·
Registered
2021 Volvo S60 T5 AWD
7,283 Posts
There's a local 2007 S80 3.2 (loaded up) that's already over 300k. The guy lives south of Pittsburgh and works in Rockville.

·
Registered
28 Posts
That actually made international headlines; I remember seeing that on the news a few months back, just prior to the million mark. Quite an astounding achievement, no matter what the vehicle...

·
Registered
3,126 Posts
It's still going, and IIRC it's getting close to 3 million. :D

·
Registered
3,126 Posts
Yup ... and at the rate Irv's going they may eventually bury him with it ... still running. :p

·
Premium Member
19,953 Posts
Judging by the look of him, I'd say the car will carry on much longer than he will... :D
Like most of us over 70 Irv is lucky to be kicking above dirt.

He has some health issues but that is to be expected when you do the math on seat time in his 1800 (right at 40,000 to get to Three Million!).

OTOH, at One Million miles in his 240 Mr. Seldon Cooper looks mighty fit.

George Dill

·
Registered
3,683 Posts
Both stories are pretty cool.............hope the new models perform as well!!! ;)

1 - 20 of 20 Posts