SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,997 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay, we are now decently into our 200,000 mile mark on Project 245 (212000 to be exact). I keep seeing Volvos with the mileage badges of honor and wanted to pick up a 200K one for the 240. Anyone know where I'd go? I'm guessing a dealer, but I figured I'd ask.

·
Registered
6,888 Posts
quote:

Originally posted by [email protected]:
Okay, we are now decently into our 200,000 mile mark on Project 245 (212000 to be exact). I keep seeing Volvos with the mileage badges of honor and wanted to pick up a 200K one for the 240. Anyone know where I'd go? I'm guessing a dealer, but I figured I'd ask.
Actually, you get it from Volvo. Go to the owner's circle at volvocars.com (USA). Register if you haven't, go under lifstyles and then high mileage club.

·
Registered
314 Posts
What cracks me up are the people who pay assinine amounts of money for used ones on eBay..... you can get them for free from Volvo dealerships....

Meanwhile, speaking of people unknowingly spending 1000% more than they need to, a Volvo mechanic friend of mine is making a killing with his Volvo-related items on eBay, grossing near $3,000.00 each month from the items he sells. His hottest-selling items? Volvo key blanks. Yep, amazing, isn't it? He gets them for about $1.50 - $2.00 each from Volvo, yet people bid more than $20.00 each for them, and apparently one of them (for a 740) closed at $32.00!!!

-he who stacks pork

·
Registered
2,331 Posts
That's funny, because I used to email people sometimes to tell them they were about to pay $xx.xx for a free emblem. Usually only for really expensive bids. I've contacted sellers too, just to let them know.

I recall one guy bid just over $75 for a 100K, 200K, and 300K badge "set". It turned out he was from Europe and couldn't get them easily, so there is a market for that kind of stuff.

·
Registered
6,888 Posts
quote:

Originally posted by Leopold Porkstacker:
What cracks me up are the people who pay assinine amounts of money for used ones on eBay..... you can get them for free from Volvo dealerships....

Meanwhile, speaking of people unknowingly spending 1000% more than they need to, a Volvo mechanic friend of mine is making a killing with his Volvo-related items on eBay, grossing near $3,000.00 each month from the items he sells. His hottest-selling items? Volvo key blanks. Yep, amazing, isn't it? He gets them for about $1.50 - $2.00 each from Volvo, yet people bid more than $20.00 each for them, and apparently one of them (for a 740) closed at $32.00!!!

-he who stacks pork

Please hook me up with this Volvo mechanic friend of yours. I need some parts.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts