SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,997 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay, we are now decently into our 200,000 mile mark on Project 245 (212000 to be exact). I keep seeing Volvos with the mileage badges of honor and wanted to pick up a 200K one for the 240. Anyone know where I'd go? I'm guessing a dealer, but I figured I'd ask.

·
Registered
6,888 Posts
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by [email protected]:<BR><B>Okay, we are now decently into our 200,000 mile mark on Project 245 (212000 to be exact). I keep seeing Volvos with the mileage badges of honor and wanted to pick up a 200K one for the 240. Anyone know where I'd go? I'm guessing a dealer, but I figured I'd ask.</B><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>Actually, you get it from Volvo. Go to the owner's circle at volvocars.com (USA). Register if you haven't, go under lifstyles and then high mileage club.<BR>

·
Registered
2,331 Posts
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>One Of Those Volvo Questions No One Ever Asks<HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>You're joking, right?<P><BR><B>High Mileage Club Badges</B><P>Go to <A HREF="http://www.volvocars.com" TARGET=_blank>www.volvocars.com</A> <BR>enter the site (USA)<BR>Go to <B>Owner's Circle</B><BR>login/register<BR>Go to <B>Lifestyles</B><BR>Go to <B>High Mileage Club</B><BR>Click on the <B>Registration Form</B> link<BR><P>

·
Registered
314 Posts
What cracks me up are the people who pay assinine amounts of money for used ones on eBay..... you can get them for <I>free</I> from Volvo dealerships.... <P>Meanwhile, speaking of people unknowingly spending 1000% more than they need to, a Volvo mechanic friend of mine is making a killing with his Volvo-related items on eBay, grossing near $3,000.00 each month from the items he sells. His hottest-selling items? Volvo key blanks. Yep, amazing, isn't it? He gets them for about $1.50 - $2.00 each from Volvo, yet people bid more than $20.00 each for them, and apparently one of them (for a 740) closed at $32.00!!!<P>-he who stacks pork<P>

·
Registered
2,331 Posts
That's funny, because I used to email people sometimes to tell them they were about to pay $xx.xx for a free emblem. Usually only for really expensive bids. I've contacted sellers too, just to let them know.<P>I recall one guy bid just over $75 for a 100K, 200K, and 300K badge "set". It turned out he was from Europe and couldn't get them easily, so there is a market for that kind of stuff.<P>

·
Registered
6,888 Posts
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Leopold Porkstacker:<BR><B>What cracks me up are the people who pay assinine amounts of money for used ones on eBay..... you can get them for <I>free</I> from Volvo dealerships.... <P>Meanwhile, speaking of people unknowingly spending 1000% more than they need to, a Volvo mechanic friend of mine is making a killing with his Volvo-related items on eBay, grossing near $3,000.00 each month from the items he sells. His hottest-selling items? Volvo key blanks. Yep, amazing, isn't it? He gets them for about $1.50 - $2.00 each from Volvo, yet people bid more than $20.00 each for them, and apparently one of them (for a 740) closed at $32.00!!!<P>-he who stacks pork<P></B><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P><BR>Please hook me up with this Volvo mechanic friend of yours. I need some parts.<BR>

1 - 6 of 6 Posts