SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,559 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Have ordered a '16 V60 R-Design (couldn't justify the extra $15k for the Polestar unfortunately) due November 30 and don't really need two Volvo wagons so am (reluctantly) listing my beloved '07 V70R GT.
Bought in July '11 off-lease with 174k km, this March-built, Canadian-spec caR was one of the last few hundred VRs Volvo built worldwide that year. Over the last very enjoyable four years, it has served as our faithful, and very enjoyable, daily driver to the extent that we put our own 174 k km + on the odometer.
Very well maintained (Volvo of Toronto) and thoughtfully upgraded (check out my signature and posts on the R sub forum) this runs at least as well as, and drives better than, when I picked it up. It now has about 50 k km until the next major service: timing belt, PCV, etc.
Everything works except the rain sensor, which I gather is an aftermarket replacement windshield issue. Aside from the regular 4C, etc. replacements, the only serious issue ever was a transmission failure this past summer (still got us home, but prompted acquiring our first new car [4th Volvo] in more than 12 years), which was replaced with a used '07 R unit - works great now.
Mechanically 99%+ (as IPD puts it "better than OEM" in several respects) vs cosmetically about 85% (just not one of my priorities, but gives any new owner something to lavish attention on.)
Am going to list it here for the next few weeks for C$8k, firm, to see if there's a good home. If not, we just might be a two-Volvo family for a while. PM me for serious enquiries only.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
8,698 Posts
To clarify, what's the mileage now?

·
Registered
1,559 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
348,000 km (about 218,000 miles)

·
Super Moderator
8,698 Posts
Looks like a nice caR. My recommendation would be more photos. Many more. lol

·
Registered
1,559 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Have to get her cleaned up for beauty shots.

·
Registered
1,033 Posts
Have to get her cleaned up for beauty shots.

Looking forward to the pictures (to include interior).

·
Registered
1,559 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Now officially for sale on Autotrader for $7750 (the Ontario wholesale price).

·
Registered
1,135 Posts
i know you want a tuned, in super good shape 08' cosmic white, java, m66 c30 for this ;)

·
Super Moderator
8,698 Posts
Now officially for sale on Autotrader for $7750 (the Ontario wholesale price).

Link?

·
Super Moderator
8,698 Posts

·
Registered
1,559 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
No - stinking busy - will try this weekend.

·
Registered
649 Posts
Any idea what the costs are associated in "importing" it to the US??

·
Registered
1,559 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
No tax/duties on used cars under NAFTA, but you need to pay state registration. Meets safety and emissions, but speedo is in kms only (there's a digital readout of mph). Ask at your state registration office, or a good auto broker.

·
Registered
1,559 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
...and SOLD to Caboose - currently on its way to warmer climes and the 'good home' I was hoping for - thanks for the time, attention and invaluable advice.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts