SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
One of the problems I had with the CD nav system in my 2001 XC was the cargo mat fitting with the new left panels.
The panels are about 2-3 inches wider than the factory panels. This causes the footprint of the cargo area to be decreased
and subsequently the cargo mat no longer fits. V70's that have the CD changer would also likely have the same problem.
I now have a 2002 XC and I believe the same problem will occur with the DVD nav system..??

Is there anyone out there who has a part number for a mat that will fit post-installation? If you have a factory installed CD changer or NAV system AND the cargo mat fits, then I believe a part number will be on the reverse side of the mat. I have charcoal interior (but any part number might be of use).

Any input on the matter is greatly appreciated.

·
Super Moderator
39,289 Posts
quote:

Originally posted by MattA:
One of the problems I had with the CD nav system in my 2001 XC was the cargo mat fitting with the new left panels.
The panels are about 2-3 inches wider than the factory panels. This causes the footprint of the cargo area to be decreased
and subsequently the cargo mat no longer fits. V70's that have the CD changer would also likely have the same problem.
I now have a 2002 XC and I believe the same problem will occur with the DVD nav system..??

Is there anyone out there who has a part number for a mat that will fit post-installation? If you have a factory installed CD changer or NAV system AND the cargo mat fits, then I believe a part number will be on the reverse side of the mat. I have charcoal interior (but any part number might be of use).

Any input on the matter is greatly appreciated.
Matt,

there is no mat (at least from Volvo) to address such a situation. What we do here is to cut (cleanly) the mat (whether is it the rubber mat or the OEM cargo mat) on that side so that it will fit.

You cannot combine a 10-disc CD changer with either Navigation system. The only model that those two can be combined is the S80.

Yannis

·
Registered
23 Posts
Hi,

I have the cd changer for the nav in my 2001 T5, I purchased the volvo reversable mat for the cargo area... on the rubber side, they actually have a cut line shown where you would trim off the piece. I have not since I fear that would just lead to the carpet fraying along the cut.

sporto gordo

1 - 3 of 3 Posts