SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

Having had the new XC90 now for just under a month, I must say that we're generally very pleased with the car. Coming from a 2012 Jaguar XF V6 Luxury Premium as our previous main car, it required some adjustment of expectations in performance ... :p ... but the downgrade in pure performance has been easily replaced by upgrades in sheer comfort. And this was the goal to start with, as the Jag became a bit of an issue following increasing back pains on medium to long trips (having had back surgery due to a hernia did not help either).

We had some early issues with the car not locking and powering down properly resulting in battery drain, and this turned out to be a mechanical fault in the transmission box.

Since then, there have been few reasons to complain. Some small frustrating issues however: the Sensus system will not save my favorite contacts after I disconnect my iPhone; the automatic transmission seems to hesitate briefly when approaching and slowing down for a roundabout, which results in a rather jerky gear change when accelerating again; parking sensors activate and go beserk at random when I drive slow in traffic with multiple lanes, e.g. when standing still at a stop light and cars pass by slowly in the next lane; and the location cursor in the satnav display seems to be miscalibrated resulting in it being slightly behind compared to the real position of the car.

None of these issues are serious, but merely frustrating and I can hopefully be addressed when I go for the Sensus update later in the month. As said, in general the car performs really well, and while it does not have the sheer acceleration, pulling power and V6 hum of the Jaguar (you can definitely hear the 4 cyl at work), it's a refined ride, and reasonably quick when needed.

Happy we went for Ember black, with charcoal interior, black headliner and mat walnut inlay, which gives the car a rather serene look and feel inside. The panoramic glass roof helps avoid it becoming too tomb-like during the day, and at night the black interior works great with the ambient lighting.

All in all, no regrets (except for wishing we'd had the means to buy the T8 ... :p) and enjoying the first Volvo experience to the fullest for now!

·
Registered
106 Posts
Nice write up - thanks for sharing. Congrats and good luck!

·
Registered
962 Posts
thank you for the input and insight along with the feedback. i am hoping to take delivery in the coming months and am looking forward to it. i hope by then the vehicle remains to be as rare as it is now. i have only seen two others on the road to date and that is one of the main things that attracted me to the vehicle in the first place.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Hi all,

Having had the new XC90 now for just under a month, I must say that we're generally very pleased with the car. Coming from a 2012 Jaguar XF V6 Luxury Premium as our previous main car, it required some adjustment of expectations in performance ... :p ... but the downgrade in pure performance has been easily replaced by upgrades in sheer comfort. And this was the goal to start with, as the Jag became a bit of an issue following increasing back pains on medium to long trips (having had back surgery due to a hernia did not help either).

We had some early issues with the car not locking and powering down properly resulting in battery drain, and this turned out to be a mechanical fault in the transmission box.

Since then, there have been few reasons to complain. Some small frustrating issues however: the Sensus system will not save my favorite contacts after I disconnect my iPhone; the automatic transmission seems to hesitate briefly when approaching and slowing down for a roundabout, which results in a rather jerky gear change when accelerating again; parking sensors activate and go beserk at random when I drive slow in traffic with multiple lanes, e.g. when standing still at a stop light and cars pass by slowly in the next lane; and the location cursor in the satnav display seems to be miscalibrated resulting in it being slightly behind compared to the real position of the car.

None of these issues are serious, but merely frustrating and I can hopefully be addressed when I go for the Sensus update later in the month. As said, in general the car performs really well, and while it does not have the sheer acceleration, pulling power and V6 hum of the Jaguar (you can definitely hear the 4 cyl at work), it's a refined ride, and reasonably quick when needed.

Happy we went for Ember black, with charcoal interior, black headliner and mat walnut inlay, which gives the car a rather serene look and feel inside. The panoramic glass roof helps avoid it becoming too tomb-like during the day, and at night the black interior works great with the ambient lighting.

All in all, no regrets (except for wishing we'd had the means to buy the T8 ... :p) and enjoying the first Volvo experience to the fullest for now!
hi i also order black with charcoal with black headliner..is there anyways u can post some pics?? i appreciate it..if you can

·
Registered
3,683 Posts

·
Registered
174 Posts
Pbpatel1981, you will absolutely love the charcoal seats with the dark headliner! We just picked up our new Inscription with that same build and it looks phenomenal in person! The pictures don't do it justice at all, it will blow you away!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts