SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok so here's my plan, any advice, knowledge about the existing wiring, or just 2 cents are welcome.

In my 2003 S80 I have the old OnCallPlus phone, keypad, etc. I like the steering wheel controls, headrest speaker, and mirror mic built in. (I love the dash keypad too but I don't think it's feasible to repurpose that with my knowledge).

My solution-

Take this- http://www.amazon.com/Jensen-Deluxe-Bluetooth-Hands-Transfer/dp/B002ACP29A/ref=pd_sim_sbs_cps_2

And install. Base unit will be mounted under the faux speaker cover where a center speaker would be on my model. Display will be mounted on top of the cover. I will pull off the Oncall keypad (i'm hoping thats where the wiring for speaker, mic, and steering wheel controls are, if anyone has insight i'd appreciate it) and snip the wires for the headrest speaker, mirror microphone, and steering wheel controls. Headrest speaker and mic I will simply snip the plugs off the wires that come with the BT390 and attach them (either via electrical tape ghetto rig or actually put a crimp on them) to the headrest and mirror wires and plug into base unit. Then on the cheesy steering wheel control I will take the covers off and I HOPE to desolder the answer/end buttons, and solder the wires from the steering wheel to this, but frankly I don't know if this would work. I'd like to think a button is a button but I just don't know.

Anyone have experience with this? I'd hate to mount that ugly speaker and microphone on an otherwise stock car, if I could do this it would still appear bone stock while adding bluetooth for phone and stereo streaming with little loss (as it's a true FM modulator rather than transmitter)

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The install went fine, snipped the headrest speaker wire and wired it to the plug for the jensen kit, skipped using built in mic (although I could have used it if I wanted to try to identify which wires it was). cut a small hole in the speaker grill for center speaker (my T6 doesn't have surround) and ran the wire for the display there and tossed the entire module in the hole where the speaker would be.

·
Registered
1,817 Posts
Any Pics of this? I just got shot down on the XC forums for wanting to buy one of these and retrofit a modern Bluetooth to it, got told to get real and that this idea was just to ridiculous to do. More info of the install would be greatly appreciated!

·
Registered
1,817 Posts
I know I might be kicking a dead horse. But a little help would be appreciated because I really want to install this mod into my xc which doesn't have a phone.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts