SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
504 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All,

Yesterday i went to the ford dealership and test drove a mustang GT. They got me almost 10k off MSRP and i signed the paperwork. I loved my S60 but it was quickly becoming a money pit. I appreciate all of the help from everyone on the forums.

·
Registered
1,837 Posts
Congratulations on your new ride. That is a sweet car for sure. Enjoy :)
Did you get anything decent for a trade-in value on the S60?

·
Registered
14,004 Posts
Congrats and enjoy!

·
Registered
753 Posts
That's one heck of a ride ! Saw a Shelby Mustang at a local car show yesterday. What sized engine ? Good luck

·
Registered
576 Posts
I picked up a loaded 19 GT a few months ago. It's a BLAST!!!! You're are gonna love it!

·
Registered
523 Posts
Congrats ! Manual ?

·
Registered
504 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I picked up a 2019 mustang GT 5.0 manual. The auto is noticeably quicker but i couldn't look at myself in the mirror if I got it. Its a lot of fun. I do miss the low end torque of the volvo. the redline is 7500 with most of power coming on after 4500 RPM.
I liked the camaro better as a sports car, and the charger better as a car, but the mustang struck the best balance between the two.

Trade in value for the s60 was poor. The AC was busted, it needed a new windshield, and one of the exhaust tips was missing. I have some parts for it I will be listing now that i realized i have no usage for them.

·
Registered
1,909 Posts
Congrats. I had a then-new 2002 Mustang GT as a daily for a few years and it was one of my favorite cars I’ve owned. Dailying a pony car is a lot of fun and the current ones are night and day faster and more refined than all the previous generations. Keep me in mind when you start selling things. I might be interested in catback options if you have anything.

·
Registered
504 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Congrats. I had a then-new 2002 Mustang GT as a daily for a few years and it was one of my favorite cars I’ve owned. Dailying a pony car is a lot of fun and the current ones are night and day faster and more refined than all the previous generations. Keep me in mind when you start selling things. I might be interested in catback options if you have anything.
Mostly its just leftover parts. The strut tower brace, an IPD exhuast tip, 2 rough wheels, exhaust hangers. Mostly i just want to free up the space.

·
Registered
7,311 Posts
Mostly its just leftover parts. The strut tower brace, an IPD exhuast tip, 2 rough wheels, exhaust hangers. Mostly i just want to free up the space.
Are the exhaust hangers new and OEM? One of mine is sagging a touch and it annoys me!

·
Registered
504 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
1 - 13 of 13 Posts