SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
714 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Pulled the trigger... After driving the demo V60 Cross Country quite a bit lately, we decided to order a Cross Country of our own. It will arrive before the end of the year and replace our V50.

2016 V60 Cross Country AWD PLATINUM
Black exterior/Blond and Black interior
BLIS Package
Heated Front Seats
Interior Protection Package
Bumper Cover
Load Bars

CAN'T WAIT!

·
Registered
4,637 Posts
Congrats! Which black did you order? Onyx Metallic or Black Stone? Also if you can still add/change the order you might want to add Speed Sensitive Steering option ($325), it was standard on the 2015.5 V60CC that I test drive and it was quite nice for the steering feel; for some odd reason they made it a stand alone option.

·
Super Moderator
39,263 Posts
Pulled the trigger... After driving the demo V60 Cross Country quite a bit lately, we decided to order a Cross Country of our own. It will arrive before the end of the year and replace our V50.

2016 V60 Cross Country AWD PLATINUM
Black exterior/Blond and Black interior
BLIS Package
Heated Front Seats
Interior Protection Package
Bumper Cover
Load Bars

CAN'T WAIT!
Congratulations, Tom. Nice options and color combo. :thumbup:

·
Registered
714 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Congrats! Which black did you order? Onyx Metallic or Black Stone? Also if you can still add/change the order you might want to add Speed Sensitive Steering option ($325), it was standard on the 2015.5 V60CC that I test drive and it was quite nice for the steering feel; for some odd reason they made it a stand alone option.
We went with the Black Stone though I would have gone Onyx Black if I wasn't so cheap. Nah, we figured we'd save the metallic paint charge and step to Platinum to get xenon lights and Premium Sound.

·
Registered
4,637 Posts
We went with the Black Stone though I would have gone Onyx Black if I wasn't so cheap. Nah, we figured we'd save the metallic paint charge and step to Platinum to get xenon lights and Premium Sound.
Do yourself a favor and get that Black Stone paint sealed right off the bat.

·
Super Moderator
39,263 Posts
Do yourself a favor and get that Black Stone paint sealed right off the bat.
Uhm, I think Tom knows what his plan is...he has been around all sorts of Volvo paints (incl. Black) for "quite a few" years.. ;)

·
Registered
4,637 Posts
Uhm, I think Tom knows what his plan is...he has been around all sorts of Volvo paints (incl. Black) for "quite a few" years.. ;)
Just some friendly advice....I like many others have had a terrible experience with Black Stone clearcoat quality.

·
Registered
265 Posts
Just some friendly advice....I like many others have had a terrible experience with Black Stone clearcoat quality.
100% agree.. my paint is already thrashed.. Not even shure how to fix all the swirls and flat spots now :/

·
Registered
714 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks for the advice Guys! I went down to Griot's Garage (www.griotsgarage.com) in Tacoma, WA last Thursday and got a new mitt, microfiber towel and was specifically formulated for black cars. I will do the initial detail myself to make sure it's to my liking. (Though my detail guy is pretty good.)

·
Registered
4,637 Posts
Thanks for the advice Guys! I went down to Griot's Garage (www.griotsgarage.com) in Tacoma, WA last Thursday and got a new mitt, microfiber towel and was specifically formulated for black cars. I will do the initial detail myself to make sure it's to my liking. (Though my detail guy is pretty good.)
You're welcome! As an active detailed myself I couldn't believe the upkeep Black Stone required and none of my vehicles ever come in contact with car washes; everything is hand washed all year round and garage kept. Best of luck with your purchase, I secretly wanted my wife to get one after we went for a test drive but her heart was set on the XC60.

You can check out my new garage renovation that I turned into my ultimate detailing space for my personal/customer vehicles: GarageJournal

Sent from my iPhone 6 Plus using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
39,263 Posts
Your garage floor looks unbelievable.

Tom, sorry for hijacking your thread.

Back to Tom's ordered V60 CC!

·
Registered
4,637 Posts
What's the "interior protection package"? Some sort of protection of the interior, I presume :) But how is it protected?
It's the rubber floor and trunk mats; it was on a few XC60's we looked at.

Sent from my iPhone 6 Plus using Tapatalk

·
Registered
989 Posts
Congrats on the car!

Good choice here too...don't know if we'll ever go away from xenon lights (haven't driven behind LEDs though). And you'll enjoy the premium audio.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts