SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
247 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know pics have been posted before, but here is a side-by-side of the DO88 vs stock intercooler:

https://i.postimg.cc/fTtpSkSf/IMAG0128.jpg[/ing]
[img]https://i.postimg.cc/yYM5mBF4/IMAG0129.jpg

I don't know if it's been mentioned, but in addition to being over twice as big, the DO88 is significantly heavier, by about 15lbs.

On a side note, my initial "I'm just going to swap out the intercooler" weekend project has morphed into a near complete teardown. :facepalm:

·
Registered
144 Posts
I put one in mine. It only took a couple hours. But yeah its heavy as all get out.

Sent from my SM-G955U1 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,895 Posts
Not really that big. The Snabb one is 3.5in in width.

Edit: Thats what she said.

·
Registered
247 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Not really that big. The Snabb one is 3.5in in width.

Edit: Thats what she said.
The Snabb intercooler is thicker, but 5 inches shorter, and it definitely doesn't weigh as much as this boat anchor. I'm not convinced that it is better at dissipating heat than the DO88.

·
Registered
6,605 Posts
Snabb has some fitment issues. However if you can get the complete Snabb kit from airbox to throttle body with the IC cheaper than Do88 do that. Less money but more headache...

·
Registered
1,895 Posts
Fortunately I had no issues with mine. But that's probably because I took off the crash beam.

Sent from my HTC U12+ using Tapatalk

·
Registered
247 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Snabb has some fitment issues. However if you can get the complete Snabb kit from airbox to throttle body with the IC cheaper than Do88 do that. Less money but more headache...
Where are you finding the Snabb kit for less than the DO88? The cheapest I see online is ~$750; the DO88 was $489 shipped.

·
Premium Member
3,738 Posts
Where are you finding the Snabb kit for less than the DO88? The cheapest I see online is ~$750; the DO88 was $489 shipped.
^

·
Registered
46 Posts
Same thing happened to me, I was just gonna toss in the Do88, then the ac compressor started going, then I was like, man while I'm in there I should replace the PCV, hello 12+ hour project.

But I guess it's best to do everything you can while you're in there.

Sent from my Mi MIX 2 using Tapatalk

1 - 9 of 9 Posts