SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
3,952 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK this guy is me.

this is my first set of chrome wheels BTW . I was going for an OEM plus /sleeper look. (300 hp w/ 1.6D emblem) which is why I wanted to trade my Evolve R5s for 18" C70 Mirzams ..... then , I got something sweet, 17" Sadria from a C70... wow my car would be rare!!! ha ha , these are the same as Sparticus (just 1/2 wider and 45 offset) still nice just not rare.

came across these zuracs in chrome... The seller was suggusting painting them and using them for winter. nope not me. They're on the car.

They match my eurospec Waterfall grill... now I just need some chrome mirror caps to fit an 05

here's a pic,

·
Registered
6,887 Posts
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!
That said, I'm not a fan of chrome, but on black cars it looks better, and I don't think it looks bad on your car. To each their own. http://********************/smile/emthup.gif

·
Registered
2,672 Posts
Re: OMG ..Chrome wheels on our cars? (V50_T5)

hey chris...

definitely ....different. I'm not sure if i like...

(I think I will decide this in alsfeld
)

but there's one thing that I can say for sure: I liked the evolve R5s better... sorry!

·
Registered
3,952 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Re: OMG ..Chrome wheels on our cars? (crossie)

that's cool guys .. I was never a fan of chrome myself, but wanted something unique....

and Martin.. if you like the wheels I'll buy you a
at Alsfeld

if you don't like the wheels .... I'll still buy you a
at Alsfeld

·
Registered
1,308 Posts

My wife sports these on her black C30 2.0, so I have to give a http://********************/smile/emthup.gif

·
Registered
357 Posts

I don't mind chrome wheels but I am not sure I like the "thinness" of the wheels. I think I would like them better if they had a thicker rim. They seem really too light for the car. For Chrome I have always liked the classic 5 spoke star wheels/mags. Chrome Pegs would look better.

·
Registered
568 Posts
Re: (sanatarium)

...don't forget to jack up the back a little... oh, and the fuzzy dice! Can't forget the fuzzy dice!

...don't tell anyone, but I kinda like it. I'm pretty sure I'd go chrome if I had a black car. Stand alone, but proud!

·
Registered
3,952 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Re: (S40Racer)

OK .. enough with the jokes!!!!

Seriously , there's no way I'd go with Altezza lights ! (even if I can get them from JC Whitney for $179.95 plus $14.95 shipping)

the fuzzy dice, hmm , I thought of it but already got a dangling moose!!! from the mirror.

Spinners = not legal here
(NOT that I'd be interested or anything... just remembering a "friend" telling me this)

won't jack up the rear but thought of lowering the front a tad more perhaps another inch... with coil-overs

thanks everyone....

·
Registered
319 Posts
I have chrome rims too, from last owner, didnt care to change them, but my car is Silver. I can post a picture when I'm back in a few month's time.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.