SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 20 of 260 Posts

·
Registered
917 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Well the time has come to make it official! In 4 years i've managed to collect three R's; one blew up, the other was murdered by a truck and the third treated by the former owners like a read headed orphan during the depression... God willing, third time will be the charm. For the last 2 years i've been buying and squirreling parts for this day. Hopefully you guys will be able to see her in her full glory for Carlisle. Without further suspense I present to you Omar's build parts list, taaadaaaa:

IPD:
Endlinks (4)
Front and Rear Sway bars (25mm)
Strut Mount
Rear Chassis Brace
DEM Cover
ThrottleBody Spacer
SS Brake lines
Offset Camber Bushings
Toe Control Arms

Defí Gauges (52mm Racer Series):
Oil Temp
Water Temp
EGT
Oil Pressure
Fuel Pressure
Voltage

Innovate:
Innovate PowerSafe Boost & Air/Fuel Ratio Gauge

CF Works:
Gauge Pod
Inner Mirror Cover

VIVA:
Lower Front and Rear Braces
Triple Gauge Pod
AC Vent Gauge Pod
Winglet Splitter
Competition Valve Spring/Retainer Kit,
Stainless Steel Intake Valve Upgrade

Inconel
:
Exhaust Valves

SPEC:
Clutch 3+
Flywheel

Quiffe:
LSD

PDV:
HD Collar Gear

BorgWarner
:
EFR 7064 Turbo

TurboSmart:
Waste-gate

Kaphlenke Racing:
Lower Suspension Bushing Kit

BC Racing:
Coilovers (DR)

R1 Concepts:
Slotted & Crossed Drilled Rotors (4)
Pads

Wiseco:
Forged Pistons

Darton:
Sleeves

ARP:
Main Stud Kit

K1:
Forged H-Beam Connecting Rods, 143mm

Mishimoto
:
3-Port Baffled Oil Catch Can

ENEM:
Performance Camshafts

Snabb:
ULTIMATE BIG VOLVO INTERCOOLER KIT
S/VR HIGH FLOW INTAKE KIT WITH 4" MAF BODY
PERFORMANCE TURBO INTAKE PIPE (w/ all the extras)

Milletech:
Intake Manifold
Fuel Rail

Leviathon (Cody Halm):
Exhaust Manifold
Downpipe (3.5)
Exhaust (3.5)
Water Line
Oil Lines
Oil Temp/Pressure Gauge Sensor Adaptor

RAY’S VOLK:
GT-C 17 X 8.5

SNOW PERFORMANCE
:
EFI Gas Engines Stage 3 Boost Cooler Water Injection
Safe Injection Unit
Flow Meter

OneEighty:
Custom Projector E-Code Headlights

TWM:
M1 Abrams Shift Knob

AEROMOTIVE STEALTH
:
Fuel pump

Speedish Carbon:
A- Pillars
Dash Cowel
Center Console
Gauge Cluster
Inner Door Trim
Mirror Caps
Head Unit Assembly

Brembo:
Completely stripped and refinished in Brembo Red.

RedLineGoods:
Custom Steering Wheel

Powerflex:
Lost track of all the ones I bought.

I will periodically update parts as to be honest i'm sure there are some parts missing or in the mail :). Also I know some of you offered to help out on the build with small things here and there. I would love nothing more and if you want to help; please let me know in advance. I will post w/e i'll be at the garage (watertown) working on her. Free food, drinks, smokes etc to anyone who comes.

·
Registered
2,587 Posts
youre not doing ARPs head studs or rod bolts?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,587 Posts
all it says is main stud kit :)

·
Registered
8,055 Posts
Are you doing any porting to go with the upgraded plumbing? At the least I'd recommend giving the ports a light clean up to eliminate the rough casting imperfections.

·
Registered
917 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Are you doing any porting to go with the upgraded plumbing? At the least I'd recommend giving the ports a light clean up to eliminate the rough casting imperfections.
I really wanted to do a port but at this point I don't want anything else holding me up from completing before Carlisle. I agree with you 100% that it be beyond beneficial for the build. Possibly a cleaning but again I don't want any hold ups.

·
Registered
917 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
very nice build!

but how many gauge pods are you going to mount :facepalm:

think you need something like this :D

Lol 8 in total. Triple pod on the speaker, 2 on the gauge cluster, 2 by the radio, AC Vent and the one the door. I know that's 9 but since I combined boost and A/F I have an extra. I'll put my finger in it jajajaja.

·
Registered
455 Posts
But seriously, so many nice and refined items on the engine, suspension and outside and then a gauge-charade on the inside?!
Can 't look at 8 gauges at once do you?

Did you consider something like the multi-gauge PLX devices? One digital gauge for different outputs instead of one gauge for boost, one gauge for afr, one gauge for egt, one gauge for oil temp, etc.....
http://www.plxdevices.com/Wideband-O2-Air-Fuel-Ratio-TouchScreen-Multi-Gauge-p/897346002368.htm

Or some kind of digital solution (on your phone or tablet) besides some analog gauges?

·
Registered
917 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
But seriously, so many nice and refined items on the engine, suspension and outside and then a gauge-charade on the inside?!
Can 't look at 8 gauges at once do you?

Did you consider something like the multi-gauge PLX devices? One digital gauge for different outputs instead of one gauge for boost, one gauge for afr, one gauge for egt, one gauge for oil temp, etc.....
http://www.plxdevices.com/Wideband-O2-Air-Fuel-Ratio-TouchScreen-Multi-Gauge-p/897346002368.htm

Or some kind of digital solution (on your phone or tablet) besides some analog gauges?
Thanks brother. I did consider it, however the reason why I went Defí is that 1) They are the gold standard of gauges. You can't find a better company. 2) They have self testing, which I really like. 3) You can preset warnings on the gauges so say I want OT warning at 220 degrees. Once it reaches that threshold the gauge lights up red and gives an audible "beeeeeeeeeeeeeeeep". 4) They look AMAZING on start up. 5) I'm a bit of a gauge ****boy lol (we all have our quirks).

Besides when she's on the track, they're in all honesty for aesthetics .

·
Registered
917 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I like what you did with the wheels, black barrels make keeping everything clean looking so much easier too.
Thanks man. Yea I really love the black/Gold two tone and Rays makes amazing wheels. I may have the car painted Polestar Blue as well so may even pop more.

·
Registered
6,585 Posts
Lol 8 in total. Triple pod on the speaker, 2 on the gauge cluster, 2 by the radio, AC Vent and the one the door. I know that's 9 but since I combined boost and A/F I have an extra. I'll put my finger in it jajajaja.

The ECU looks at all of those things... Seems like information overload and a bit fast and the furious...

·
Registered
917 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·

The ECU looks at all of those things... Seems like information overload and a bit fast and the furious...
ECU won't give me a warning though (until it's too late) and a laptop hooked up while driving is about as F&F as you can get. The car is being built for the track. Don't forget I live in NYC guys, she won't be a daily and if she even sees the road 4 times a month it will be a miracle.

But you're right hound it is a bit much, but like I said; I am a bit of a gauge nut 🤣

·
Registered
6,585 Posts
ECU won't give me a warning though (until it's too late) and a laptop hooked up while driving is about as F&F as you can get. The car is being built for the track. Don't forget I live in NYC guys, she won't be a daily and if she even sees the road 4 times a month it will be a miracle.

But you're right hound it is a bit much, but like I said; I am a bit of a gauge nut 🤣

At that point I would have gone Zadatech and shoved a screen in a nav housing... More data, better arranged, less of a wiring clusterf...

·
Registered
917 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
At that point I would have gone Zadatech and shoved a screen in a nav housing... More data, better arranged, less of a wiring clusterf...
Lol keep it up and if you come help, I'm going to put you on wiring duty!

I got an amazingly stupid deal on the Defi's they came out to about $150 each vs 220+ a pop.

·
Registered
3,472 Posts
Sick man cant wait to see what she does.

·
Registered
917 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Sick man cant wait to see what she does.
TRAAAAAAV, I knew you would be lurking somewhere in the shadows! You're my benchmark to beat. Although with your power it will be tough for sure. May come down to the road and see who's crazier behind the wheel. You're like the final boss in an old school racing game 🤣🤣🤣

1 - 20 of 260 Posts