SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all. Two questions....I thought I read somewhere there are molded plastic A-pillar trim for our cars. Is this true? The fabric is peeling away and I'm not confident fabric adhesive will give me the results I want and molded plastic would be fine by me.

And it's time to throw a little dye on the driver's seat where the leather color has "rubbed off". Who has used a leather dye with good results? Nordkap is the color if that has any significance.

Thanks.

Registered
I too am curious about plastic A pillars.

From my electronic gismo- Galaxy S6

Registered
Plastic pillars in 04 as well, BTW. At least in Oak, which is decidedly NOT an R color.

Registered
I checked at the dealer last time I was there and they only want like 70 bucks or something for brand new ones each side.

Registered
The felt A pillars are cheap new.
The vinyl pieces are nearly 3 times more expensive!!
The Tan/Oak vinyl pieces match an Rs interior

Registered
My right one has started peeling, seems like it might be best just to go buy a new one instead of trying to re-glue the fabric like I was planning if that's how cheap they are.

Registered
I scraped off the fabric and glue and then glued on some leather-print vinyl from JoAnn's. The very-dark grey color and texture are a good match for the dash. Wasn't too hard, I went slow and careful with the fabric glue and just lots of binder clips to clamp the edge while it dried.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Thanks all for confirming the plastic versions are interchangeable. For what they go for I'll get new plastics rather than do an arts and crafts project with the wrapped fabric :D

And nice paint job Loki. Looks like it blends nicely with your interior.

Registered
New plastic will run ya $200. New felt will run ya $100. Your best bet is finding plastic in a junk yard.

From my electronic gismo- Galaxy S6

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.