SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,537 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm thinking about getting an oil temp gauge, and was wondering where I would tap the sender? Where is the most accurate place to get a reading? Oh, I know this is the R forum, and I don't have an R, but I have an R bumper, so it's all good.<p>Kidding, guys on the S60 forum probably wouldn't know... <p>Thanks<br>-Cory

·
Registered
417 Posts
Re: Oil Temp Gauge Questions (cmurphy2266)

I used a temp sensor going through the oil drain plug. Basically it replaced the plug with an adapter and the sensor went in that. I don't know how representative of the rest of the oil system, but it seemed to be a simple spot to get to.<p>I don't have the part number of the plug or anything since I picked it up from the mechanic I use. Sorry.

·
Registered
1,537 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Re: Oil Temp Gauge Questions (Jeremy7o2)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD><i>Quote, originally posted by <b>Jeremy7o2</b> »</i></TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I used a temp sensor going through the oil drain plug. Basically it replaced the plug with an adapter and the sensor went in that. I don't know how representative of the rest of the oil system, but it seemed to be a simple spot to get to.<p>I don't have the part number of the plug or anything since I picked it up from the mechanic I use. Sorry.</TD></TR></TABLE><p>Thanks for the response, do you remember what it cost you?

·
Registered
334 Posts
here you go-http://www.glowshiftdirect.com/Oil-Filter-Sandwich-Adapters.aspx<p>i found this when i was looking for a place to mount the sending unit on my 960

·
Registered
1,537 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Re: (sacrifice)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD><i>Quote, originally posted by <b>sacrifice</b> »</i></TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">here you go-http://www.glowshiftdirect.com/Oil-Filter-Sandwich-Adapters.aspx<p>i found this when i was looking for a place to mount the sending unit on my 960</TD></TR></TABLE><p>Thanks, I'll check that out!

·
Registered
417 Posts
Re: Oil Temp Gauge Questions (cmurphy2266)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD><i>Quote, originally posted by <b>cmurphy2266</b> »</i></TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Thanks for the response, do you remember what it cost you? </TD></TR></TABLE><p>like 5 or 10 euro. It was a while back. something I picked up on the fly.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts