SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

Does anyone has instructions on removing oil sum on 2009 volvo c30 2.4i? I found one for 2011 c30t5. Is it much different? Thanks.

·
Registered
5,281 Posts
Those instructions will get you through it. Just ignore the part about removing the air hose that goes to the turbo, since you don't have one.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you. I have 2 more questions.

1) The instructions mention use of guiding pins. Are they used for proper positioning of the sum for re-installation? I'm asuming, it is not a must to use them.
2) My local volvo dealer is not selling liquid gaskets. They say to buy RTV sealer from any store. Is there any preference for brand? I never used it before.

Thank you for the help again!

·
Registered
5,281 Posts
I've never used guide pins.

RTV should not be used. I'm surprised the dealer didn't sell you the Volvo sealant.

You need anaerobic sealant. Roll it on with a short hair roller or sponge roller.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The parts guy told me they use rtv sealant for this job. I'll try another dealership tommorow for the OEM liquid gasket. I can see it in their online parts store. Can I use this one as alternative?

https://www.canadiantire.ca/en/pdp/permatex-anaerobic-gasket-maker-50-ml-0382500p.0382500.html?gclsrc=aw.ds&&gclid=CjwKCAjw4NrpBRBsEiwAUcLcDHXafNkoC3mZiI6gXxMWK0XnZZZ4i20HWuUVQOBCg-wxzq3MpdZcORoCDSUQAvD_BwE#store=70

1 - 7 of 7 Posts