SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
984 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is old, I got it a few months ago I think, but didn't see anyone else mention. Did anyone get this in the mail...a reminder to use the Volvo RBS0-2AE certified oil and a sticker to put under the hood? I think it might only be 2019 owners, what I remember is that the Castrol EDGE Professional 0W-20 oil was not widely available when the car was new so the owners manual says you can use the old Volvo spec 5W-30 oil. I think some dealers didn't even have it back then. This seems like an update to remind you that the 0W-20 is really the preferred oil. The Castrol has never been available to consumers in the US, you can import it, though there are a number of other oils meeting the spec that you can buy.

·
Registered
70 Posts
+1 for my 2020 V60.

·
Registered
1,479 Posts
I imagine I would have received it for my former early model 2020 XC90 that had the 5w30 sticker under the hood. The Volvo spec 0w20 is required, not preferred. Also, Castrol Professional V 0w20 is becoming more available. Check with your local dealers, Ebay, and most recently ECS Tuning:

Sent from my SM-G781V using Tapatalk

·
Registered
897 Posts
Volvo sent the letter to me for our 2018 V90CC.
I threw it away because the dealer had already put the sticker on for our free 30K oil replacement and that was a year ago.

·
Registered
984 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I haven't even checked if I already have the sticker ha.

@Ultrarunner511 thanks for that. I wasn't sure if it was the Volvo spec stuff, but the picture does show the container with the "VCC-RBS0AE" printed on it.

·
Registered
190 Posts
I’ve never received this letter. My deal has been using 5w-30. Should I be concerned?

·
Registered
1,479 Posts
I’ve never received this letter. My deal has been using 5w-30. Should I be concerned?
Nope. Use the specified 5w30 shown in the manual for your car. It will recommend Castrol Profesional, but will require 5w30 synthetic that's ACEA A5/B5. It will also recommend Volvo spec 0w20 for "extreme driving conditions." Whatever that means

Sent from my SM-G781V using Tapatalk

·
Registered
447 Posts
P3 owners (including me) with applicable engines have also received the sticker in the mail, so it's not just current generation owners.

·
Registered
14,016 Posts
You should call your dealer and ask them why they're not using the correct oil for your car. There's a TJ out there requiring they use the 0w20 Volvo spec stuff.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts