SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
217 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Couple of months ago I got a pretty good leak coming front the engine side facing front of car. Looked like the the oil pressure sensor, so I replaced it. Recently I saw that it is still leaking, tightened it some more, no luck.
Looking at it, I'm wondering if the old washer is still on the block. Tried to knock it off with a screwdriver, but afraid of damaging it if it's part of the block. Anybody have a good picture or memory of what it should look like?
VolvoOilsensor.jpg

Hard to find any good photos on the web. These were the best, but the engine was so corroded it is hard to tell.
https://cdn4.pelicanparts.com/techarticles/Volvo-V70/80-ENGINE-Oil_Pressure_Sensor_Replacement/images_med/pic06.jpg

https://cdn4.pelicanparts.com/techarticles/Volvo-V70/80-ENGINE-Oil_Pressure_Sensor_Replacement/images_med/pic07.jpg

2005 S60 AWD 119k miles

·
Registered
217 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Interesting the new part comes with (like mine)an aluminum washer, but the replacement washer is copper.
Hard to find a good photo on the web to show me if the block oil sensor boss has that raised area or not.
I could do something crazy like drive 60 miles to the fancy "they pick" Volvo junk yard and ask to see and engine. ;-)
Going to try some Teflon tape and see if that gets me anywhere.

·
Registered
1,273 Posts
Copper or aluminium will do the trick. You should not need any tape.

2002 V70XC, 2003 V40, 2004 S60, 2010 V70

·
Registered
217 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I shouldn't need any tape/goo, but it keeps leaking, so gotta keep trying stuff! ;-)

Hard to get a photo, but it looks pretty clean up by that PCV rubber elbow:
IMG_20190518_0942503.jpg

·
Registered
217 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
got desperate and tried to run JB Weld around the whole sensor. Now looks like it is weeping out of the seam of the lower block half as shown here as 1 and 1. Never heard of that so must be coming from above. Too hard to see in there, so looks like I need to bite the bullet and remove the intake manifold to get a good look. :(
View attachment 51655

1 - 6 of 6 Posts