SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
398 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i want to hook up an oil pressure guage, dos anyone know how to do this..simple/hard.<BR>do you have to put a T in the oil switch and then put a pressure switch on to that?<P>michael.<P>

·
Registered
678 Posts
It's not too hard. Are you talking about an OEM VDO/Volvo unit? These use a pressure sender with two spades to hook up the original idiot light as well as the new gauge. It completely replaces the original sending unit. Depending on which engine you have, the space between the alternator and oil filter may require the use of some elbows to get a good fit (the new sender is a can-looking object a bit over an inch in diameter and length, compared to the thin, pancake-like pressure switch.)<P>If you're talking about connecting some kind of mechanical gauge for diagnostic purposes, then you can just tee in.<P>

·
Premium Member
398 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yeh, i want to put in a vdo guage. it has two spades. the new dash dost have the oil light, instead an oil pressure guage. so i chuck the old sensor and replace it with a pressure switch?<P>michael.<P>

·
Registered
678 Posts
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by devalmyth:<BR><B> so i chuck the old sensor and replace it with a pressure switch?<P></B><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>Right on.<P>

1 - 6 of 6 Posts