SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Not too happy with myself today. Did not get my winter tires on in time and last week during the first real snow here in Denver I put myself up on a curb. Now I have a small leak in my oil pan. Has anyone here used th JB weld method to fix such. If so, any suggestions or info you have on the matter would be super helpful.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

·
Registered
502 Posts
Did the same thing (before I put coil overs on!!) Except I didn't go up on a curb, I bottomed out on one of my buddies driveways. A nice piece of cement was poked up out if the ground that I couldn't see and took a little chunk out of it.

It dumped all the oil out in about 4 minutes. Had to walk to Walmart and I bought some quiksteel putty. The most important thing is to make sure the surface is clean of any oil or it won't adhere very well.

Obviously this is a temp fix and I only drove on it for a few days till I sourced a new oil pan from a junkyard. JB weld, IMO is not the best as it takes too long to cure and it will just run out and not seal. Get the quiksteel and have a decent hold for a few days.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
502 Posts
This is only in a pinch by the way. If you can drive it home and have another car to drive, definitely use that as your first choice.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
853 Posts
Somebody here or the other place must have a used pan for cheap.Do the o-rings and clean out the drain back port for the PCV box while your at it.It just might turn out that cracking that pan was a good thing.IPD has been running a sale on those aluminum shields for $149 if ya care.

·
Registered
2,621 Posts
I'll have a oil pan after this weekend.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts