SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just checked my oil today at 45,000 miles and the level is exactly at the bottom of the crosshatched area on the dipstick. Been 5k since my oil change. I'll be driving about 200 miles tomorrow. Should I add oil to it before my road-trip? (This is the first time in over 20 years that I've had to worry about the oil level of my vehicle!)

·
Registered
2,778 Posts
go to a dealer, ask them to add the proper oil to it's level. ask for a consumption test and let them figure it out. there have been problems, please read the other threads here.

best

·
Registered
2,514 Posts
The oil issues have all been on 2012's. If you know it was full when the oil was changed take it to the dealer. If you dont know if it was full, just add oil and check regularly.

·
Registered
251 Posts
The oil issues have all been on 2012's. If you know it was full when the oil was changed take it to the dealer. If you dont know if it was full, just add oil and check regularly.
+1

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I had the oil changed in October and I don't think I ever checked the oil afterwards, until January 30th. Yeah, not wise. With that being said, I can't be sure if they only filled my car to the minimum safe level or if it is burning oil. Just got my car back from the dealership where they properly filled it with oil. Nothing is leaking, and since we're not sure if it was just not properly filled with oil during the oil change, I'm going to check my oil regularly. If the oil level seems to drop it'll go back to the dealership.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts