SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
566 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have an oil leak on the driver side of my engine. I can see it collecting on top of the trans and making its way to bottom of the transmission. It's not leaving any drips yet, but it's there. I pulled off the brake vacuum pump to rebuild it today assuming that was it since it's a common oil leak source on that side and the pump and the block where it mounts was completely dry; the oil leak is definitely not coming from there.

What else can I look into that's on that side of the engine?

Thanks

·
Registered
6 Posts
I have the same leak and notice my power steering fluid is low. I have not confirmed the source yet. I started a thread about this

·
Registered
566 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I have the same leak and notice my power steering fluid is low. I have not confirmed the source yet. I started a thread about this
Well, this would be a different leak because mine is oil and not power steering fluid.

·
Registered
566 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
Bumping this. Can anyone shed some light on other possible places that oil could be leaking on the driver side of the engine above the transmission? It is not the brake pump.

Thanks

Edit:

Looks like the only other thing on that side of the engine where oil could be leaking is the timing chain cover:

volvo-short-inline-6-cylinder-READ-timing-chain.jpg

1 - 5 of 5 Posts