SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
2005 S60R, 2021 XC60 T6 Inscription AWD
1,416 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, new owner here. Its been maybe about a month that I have had my caR. I have something going on that is bothering me. Other then this the caR is great.

It seems that I have a leak from the oil filler cap. I did do a search and found that little gasket is prone to failure so I went and wasted money at the dealer on a new one hoping it would be a fast fix. All seemed good until I did some harder driving and the leak is back. :mad:

I tested the pcv system with the ballon on the dipstick tube idling and had suction. This means the system is working correctly right?

Is the IPD upgraded cap seal worth the purchase?

Trying to get all the little quirks sorted out and settled before I do any upgrading. Think my first mods with me lower springs and sway bars anyways, besides a boost gauge.

·
Registered
3,788 Posts
Pull the cover and make sure that black hose on top is seated properly.

·
Registered
1,416 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Pull the cover and make sure that black hose on top is seated properly.
OK, I will be trying to do this after the engine cools down a bit. Hope its pretty easy to do.

Looks like your first mod was an poly upper engine mount :)
Good eyes! yeah, still had the round mount from the factory when I purchased the caR. It was starting to crack, so it needed to be replaced so I upgraded. Guess I mean springs and sways will be first unneeded mods haha

·
Registered
1,416 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Couldn't wait, hopped right into it. Found this.

This hose won't be fun to replace. Anyone have a part number? Dealer would be fastest? What needs to be fine? Intake manifold will be coming off Eh?

Any diy guides anywhere?
Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
5,397 Posts

This hose won't be fun to replace. Anyone have a part number? Dealer would be fastest? What needs to be fine? Intake manifold will be coming off Eh?

Any diy guides anywhere?
That doesnt even look fun!

·
Registered
1,416 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
That doesnt even look fun!
Yeah, im not excited. Not sure how I got any suction at the dipstick, it was pretty much completely torn.

Currently trying to search for what this part is and the number for it. Didnt realize how spoiled I was with a site like realoem.com for my bmw

·
Registered
5,397 Posts
Yeah, im not excited. Not sure how I got any suction at the dipstick, it was pretty much completely torn.

Currently trying to search for what this part is and the number for it. Didnt realize how spoiled I was with a site like realoem.com for my bmw
I'll search for a little bit and let you know if I come up with something

·
Registered
2,282 Posts

The system is working because the PCV is venting directly to atmosphere, I believe. Looks a little grimey in there so I would change the whole PCV system. IPD will have the full kit for you.

Your going to want to get a few of those oil cap gaskets too, or at least the 1 viton one.

·
Registered
1,416 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I'll search for a little bit and let you know if I come up with something
Thank you very much, any effort is truly appreciated.

Its the tube thats directly left of and in front of the oil filler neck. I can find anything that looks to resemble it online

·
Registered
1,416 Posts
Discussion Starter #12 (Edited)
The system is working because the PCV is venting directly to atmosphere, I believe. Looks a little grimey in there so I would change the whole PCV system. IPD will have the full kit for you.

Your going to want to get a few of those oil cap gaskets too, or at least the 1 viton one.
I think it looks so grimey because its been leaking and dust and dirt has been collecting on it. I guess its worth doing the whole system on a 47000 mile car.

Is the tube part number 113943 with ipd? It doesnt really seem to look the same

edit:

Did cross reference search, seems I need something like #6 in this diagram, not the big one

http://www.volvopartswebstore.com/showAssembly.aspx?ukey_assembly=240397

·
Registered
2,282 Posts

·
Registered
5,397 Posts
I think it looks so grimey because its been leaking and dust and dirt has been collecting on it. I guess its worth doing the whole system on a 47000 mile car.

Is the tube part number 113943 with ipd? It doesnt really seem to look the same

edit:

Did cross reference search, seems I need something like #6 in this diagram, not the big one

http://www.volvopartswebstore.com/showAssembly.aspx?ukey_assembly=240397

That certainly looks like what you are in need of.

Just for reference for everyone else.

·
Registered
1,416 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
It looks to be really tough to get to under the intake, but i would love to replace it without taking the intake off.

I think what I will do is try to get the part from the dealer asap just to get it fixed for now. Eventually I will do the entire pcv system. I wasnt sure if the one at IPD was the same because mine isnt smooth like the one pictured.

·
Registered
2,282 Posts
PCVs are generally a 100K mile service item based on 5-7.5K oil changes. If you change more frequently it can be stretched with no issues.

·
Registered
1,416 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
PCVs are generally a 100K mile service item based on 5-7.5K oil changes. If you change more frequently it can be stretched with no issues.
Thanks! That eases my mind, as I didnt want to drop that much on pcv maintenance right now. I will be getting to the dealer before work to hopefully get a new hose to install tomorrow night or wednesday.

·
Registered
9,225 Posts

Any diy guides anywhere?
just an FYI...every R has this harmonica looking hose, and they are all flowed if you have one, volvo north america should have a recall on this but they will not admit it , but interestingly enough if you order a new one or a replacement part of this hose it will be the old style hose like in 850's...if you have one like you see in the pic on your R it will crumble the same way.

·
Registered
1,416 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
just an FYI...every R has this harmonica looking hose, and they are all flowed if you have one, volvo north america should have a recall on this but they will not admit it , but interestingly enough if you order a new one or a replacement part of this hose it will be the old style hose like in 850's...if you have one like you see in the pic on your R it will crumble the same way.
thanks a lot! That's why the replacement pictures look different then. Kind of a bummer that they didnt do a recall on this, I will have to deal with it on my own.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts