SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just noticed a slight oil drip from my fuel injection pressure sensor (the metal can on the passenger side near the intake manifold, with one connector and one hose going to the intake manifold).<p>I assume this is not correct, but is it a problem? Or is it just collected oil vapor that settles in the pressure sensor? But nothing should leak from that sensor, even if it does have oil in it???<p>Car runs fine, by the way.<p>Advice, please?<p>Ron in Dallas

·
Premium Member
1,579 Posts
Re: Oil leak from my FI pressure sensor on D-Jet (RonG)

It doesn't have oil in it.<p>Have a look at the condition of your crankcase ventilation system. There's a hose from the oil trap teardrop on the side of the block to the intake manifold, and another from the oil filler cap. One of those hooks to a fitting that's restricted down to a small metered hole inside -- I don't remember which is which on an injected car, off the top of my head. Take both hoses loose at the intake and check.<p>Use a straightened paper clip to poke out any blockage in the small hole. If that's plugged, you'll have oil fumes in the manifold that could find their way to the pressure sensor.

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Re: Oil leak from my FI pressure sensor on D-Jet (Phil Singher)

Thanks.<p>Checked the PCV fitting that screws into the manifold. It was clear.<p>When I took the pressure sensor off and turned it upside down, about one-half ounce of black ooze came out.<p>Hope it was OK to squirt a little carb cleaner into it to loosen the rest of the ooze up a bit.<p>Put it back together and it runs fine, as usual.<p>Strange.....

1 - 3 of 3 Posts