SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,273 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,
I popped of my undercarriage tray this morning in prep for my annual krown rustproofing and got a bit of a surprise with oil residue on tray on drivers side just to the front of trans. Took a good look around and it looks like oil is coming down from from left of engine near top. I had previously changed the seal in behind the decoupled pulley a few years back and I’m thinking that it is leaking again. I suppose I could have put it in wrong but don’t think so. Last time it started leaking was shortly after a very long road trip and coincidentally we just finished two road trips to NYC last month. Just wondering: with the P2’s I would not hesitate to replace PCV at this stage just to make sure I was not getting any positive cc ventilation. My understanding with the P3 is that PCV will whistle if it needs replacing and is fine otherwise. Is this correct?

2002 V70XC, 2003 V40, 2004 S60, 2010 V70

·
Registered
149 Posts
Sorry to hear you are faced with this again. My understanding of PCV is that P2 has excess pressure when PCV system fails where the P3 generates excess suction to the crankcase.

·
Registered
1,273 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
You sure it isn't the vacuum pump?
Pretty sure but will definitely check when I’ve got all the annoying plastic bits off.

·
Registered
1,273 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Sorry to here you are faced with this again. My understanding of PCV is that P2 has excess pressure when PCV system fails where the P3 generates excess suction to the crankcase.
Thanks, Steve. I was thinking same.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts