SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello guyz. I found this oil leak on my s60 turbo.

This leak can effective boost pressure? There is the CBV valve?

Automotive tire Motor vehicle Automotive exhaust Wall Gas

·
Registered
3,653 Posts
Hello guyz. I found this oil leak on my s60 turbo.

This leak can effective boost pressure? There is the CBV valve?

View attachment 136108
Are you sure it's not the turbo to OTE coupler? Oil will leak around that and end up on the bottom of the turbo.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Are you sure it's not the turbo to OTE coupler? Oil will leak around that and end up on the bottom of the turbo.

Sorry but what is OTE?
I saw no oil leaks from the top ofy engine.
what i have to do now?
im on stage 2 with 210k kilometres..

Maybe is time to leave my s60? :(

·
Registered
3,653 Posts
OTE = over the engine. It's the pipe that runs from the turbo and over the engine. The coupler between that pipe and the turbo can leak oil as it gets older. Makes an oily mess on the turbo.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
OTE = over the engine. It's the pipe that runs from the turbo and over the engine. The coupler between that pipe and the turbo can leak oil as it gets older. Makes an oily mess on the turbo.

Do you have any pic of this part?
Also i have no oil drops atc..only after a while when i drove smells hot oil

·
Registered
383 Posts
The engine crankcase ventilation system has to be operating well, with all of the pieces and parts connected and clamped down, to prevent the smell of hot oil in the cabin. I can't tell from the photo if the turbo is losing a significant amount of oil. I know from personal experience that the crankcase ventilation system stops working, eventually, and that this results in oil seeping out in various locations. My S60 2.5T needed work on the crankcase ventilation system at 110K, or 176,000 Kilometers.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
The engine crankcase ventilation system has to be operating well, with all of the pieces and parts connected and clamped down, to prevent the smell of hot oil in the cabin. I can't tell from the photo if the turbo is losing a significant amount of oil. I know from personal experience that the crankcase ventilation system stops working, eventually, and that this results in oil seeping out in various locations. My S60 2.5T needed work on the crankcase ventilation system at 110K, or 176,000 Kilometers.
My pcv is new,changed lasr month.
Glove test passed as well too.
tHe smell it comes only from windows.

·
Registered
3,653 Posts
Do you have any pic of this part?
Also i have no oil drops atc..only after a while when i drove smells hot oil
This is it:

·
Registered
3,653 Posts
My pcv is new,changed lasr month.
Glove test passed as well too.
tHe smell it comes only from windows.
A bad PCV system can coat parts of the engine in oil. So, if it wasn't cleaned up, it will still smell like hot oil, even though the PCV was replaced. Usually, the area underneath the intake manifold is the worst.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
A bad PCV system can coat parts of the engine in oil. So, if it wasn't cleaned up, it will still smell like hot oil, even though the PCV was replaced. Usually, the area underneath the intake manifold is the worst.

So maybe this oil is old and still burning when tuebo get hot. But you can see oil seems fresh...idk i have to wash the engine to check where its leaking if it leaking.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts