SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Today I was investigating why my fuel economy has dropped significantly. I ordered Volvo OEM spark plugs to replace the ones that I could only assume had been in my car for way to long-due to the drop in efficiency.

Low and behold, after pulling the coil packs, I have oil in plug wells 1, 2, and 3 (from left to right). Reaching out to see who else might have had this issue.

My car is 2006 V50 T5, 134000 miles, and I’m using Mobil-1 5W-30 Full Synthetic every 5500 miles.

Also, for the record, the existing plugs were Volvo OEM AND had the proper gap. The other 2 that were dry looked like they were brand new.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3,056 Posts
Were they unscrewed or not tight all the way?

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
All of the plugs were torqued down completely, and required me to work them back and forth a little bit to get them out.

I will also point out that there was a little bit of oil pooled up below the PCV hose that attached to the valve cover. I removed it and looked inside and all seemed well. I am not experiencing any PCV-related issues (at least I don’t think)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3,056 Posts
Coolio....first step in any diagnosis is making the problem repeatable - hopefully you don't get anything new in there with new plugs in there....

1 - 5 of 5 Posts