SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
7,493 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, doing oil change today and found that the small stud inside bottom of the housing collapsed and can't stick filter core onto it.
Maybe it has been like that since oil change last year. The dirty filter core was able to snap on it, by looking at the snapped edge of the hole on it.
I put it on gently. Hopefully it will stick at the right position for a while.

Ordered a new one, and will need to change oil again. Hopefully nothing dramatic will happen.

·
Registered
7,493 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Trying to get a replacement parts. Bought two from ebay but they both don't have the pressure release valve at button inside.

Has the design been changed in the past? Seems I need to get one from the trusted ipdusa.com.

Sent from my Z978 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
17,820 Posts

·
Registered
7,493 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Got the OEM one from ipdusa. It is not the same design as the broken one. It is kind of same as the third party one I got previously. Just that the stud inside can spin freely so it should be easier to screw onto the car with the filter core inside. It is hard to tell if there is a pressure valve underneath that allows quicker flow of oil when start the car cold. But this is the last resort for me.

·
Registered
7,493 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Since oil change was done only weeks ago. I will not open the drain plug and will just remove the filter housing then install new one. Hopefully it is not much oil to drain out from filter housing, since its location is higher than oil pan.

Sent from my Z978 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
7,493 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Replaced it with the OEM one from ipdusa today. Just a cup of oil drain like normal oil change. So I added 1qt new oil.
Feel much better now. :lol:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts