SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
373 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Seafoamed my caR today. Got out the old oil (dirtier than I've ever seen), changed out the filter, filled her up with Rotella T6 & went for a drive. Got home & smelled burning oil. Popped the hood... oil on the blanket, intake.. everywhere.

The oil filler cap blew off! :facepalm:

I know I put it on.. and checked it twice cause it seemed like it didn't go on right the first time.

Oh well.. they sell cheap replacements @ O'Reilly's & Auto Zone.

·
Registered
3,157 Posts
If the car is idling and you pull out the dipstick is air being sucked into the dipstick tube (good) or is air blowing out of the dipstick tube (bad)? To check, you can put a latex/rubber glove/balloon/condom over the dipstick tube to check whether it is being sucked in or blown out.

·
Registered
876 Posts
I did that ones... smell will go away after few days.

·
Registered
373 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
If the car is idling and you pull out the dipstick is air being sucked into the dipstick tube (good) or is air blowing out of the dipstick tube (bad)? To check, you can put a latex/rubber glove/balloon/condom over the dipstick tube to check whether it is being sucked in or blown out.
I'll check that... but I'm pretty sure I screwed up & put the cap on wrong. Probably only got 1 of the blades engaged under the lip of the tube.

·
Registered
1,468 Posts
Condom? Listen up unfaithful SS members, here is your excuse if you ever get caught with a condom in your car by your better halves.;)
No offense Jeff, just joking here.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts