SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm in the middle of my 1st oil change and I put the rubber seal in the ridge that it was set in when I removed it. But there's another ridge it could have fit in closer to the edge of the threads at the lip of the cap.<p>Sorry no pics, but there is a recessed ridge a few mm's from the lip and then another ridge at the lip. It looks like the one at the lip would crush the seal against the housing. The farther up ridge would create a seal inside the housing and the lip of the cap would then press against the housing.<p>Please advise ASAP so I can finish before dark. Thanks in advance-

·
Registered
7,954 Posts
Its the one before the filter housing bottoms out onto the oil pan.

·
Registered
7,954 Posts
Also a good time to remember to be especially alert to what your doing to know where and what your removing.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Re: (stringwalla)

went for a ride and no oil leaked. All is well. <p>Finally free of the dealers' "synthetic blend"-

·
Registered
21,340 Posts
Re: (stringwalla)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD><i>Quote, originally posted by <b>stringwalla</b> »</i></TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">not sure what you mean. <p>what does the oil pan have to do with the filter housing?</TD></TR></TABLE><p>The one closest to the oil pan on the filter casing. I.E toward the bottom of the threads.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Re: oil filter cap seal. which ridge is used? (stringwalla)

It also happens to be the space or gap that is wider than any of the others.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts